Carbon Fiber Body Parts: Real vs Fake (Water Transfer)

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Those wheels are hydro dipped for sure. I personally think hydrodippef stuff looks like shit and doesn't look anything like carbon fiber.

I wrapped my hood and roof with 3m carbon fiber vinyl. I liked the look of it but wanted the real thing. I just bought a carbon fiber hood and put it on and it looks so much better.

I agree that real CF looks best, especially on an flat/open area like a hood. There is nothing else that will look as good on a large flat panel when you want a CF look, real CF is it.

I'm not even sure if I like the CF Alcoa's. Shelby says they were the only set they had made and they were used on one of their show cars...........probably SEMA? If nothing else they are a correct original set of Super Snake Alcoa's and maybe I might have them stripped and powder coated in the future?

R

Last edited:

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I like hydro dipping, I have a few interior pieces done and love it. I don't try to pass it off as real carbon fiber. Unless your trying to lighten your car up with real carbon fiber than I say do what you want and don't worry about what other people think. It's your car and if you like it that's all that matters. I'll see if I have a few pics of my interior and post them up.
photo1_zps9ab3b0dc.jpg

You can see the small trim pieces were dipped

Last edited:

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I don't like all the plastic on the exterior either (thank god I don't own a vette, the whole car is plastic), that's why I was thinking of this carbon fiber pattern. Its funny in a way though, I've seen Hondas with FAKE BREMBO stencils on their calipers. I called one person out on it. At least I've got real Brembos.

Users who are viewing this thread