Carbon Fiber Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Well good news to some, especially those that are track racing.
I have contacted KeyComposites from ebaymotors and they said they could make us (96-98) cobra enthusiasts some parts. I had mentioned valve covers, diffuser (I know the gas tank cover was a topic but I think the guy ended up not doing it because CDC jumped in?) uh.. fenders, spoilers, trunk lids, more then likely front bumper, or a rear, also valve covers!

So I am making the thread to see who would be interested in any parts and what those parts would be. They would like to see 20 people interested in a part so that it is worth going through the process of making with carbon fiber.

I will be starting a thread on ModularFords as well

:banana:

Last edited:

Ghost

Ghost
Established Member
If they make a hood that looks like stock but very light, I'm in. Same for the trunk, also fenders. Basically anything stock that will be alot lighter, I'm in. Ready to purchase.

ryanr24

Established Member
I would take any part in carbon fiber, but a diffuser would be awesome! interior parts would be sweet as well, and if they look at it from a making money point, they can sell the most by doing interior parts, most of the interior pieces are all the same for a ten year span 94-04

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Diffuser?

please explain.
as in the rear piece with the fins you see on the rare, exotic cars, and the track cars.. ill try and find a pic of one

rtyh.gif

APR_rear_diffuser.gif

Ghost

Ghost
Established Member
FWIW, I just want to state that I am only interested in the parts that are light, not like CF wrapped around a fiberglass hood for example. If its real CF body parts that fit like stock, I'm ready to order today.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
FWIW, I just want to state that I am only interested in the parts that are light, not like CF wrapped around a fiberglass hood for example. If its real CF body parts that fit like stock, I'm ready to order today.

i would not expect one to buy falso carbon fiber.. annoys me when people sell that crap.. especially when it is advertised as real

Ill post up some pics of the quality of work they have done so you can get an idea of their caliber as well.

99-04 mustang
Saleen Spoiler
cw08cf.jpg

cw08cf_6.jpg

saleen hood
h75cf_7.jpg

h75cf_6.jpg

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
If we get enough people, I'd be down to purchase a hood. Thats the heaviest part correct? If we get enough people, and the price is right, then count me in.

EDIT: stock of course.

SOME MORE EDIT: Do they currently make a wing like kanaens for our cars?

Last edited:

Guido 04

Banned
i'd be down for a rear diffuser, hood with heat extracting vents and even a front splitter if it looked good.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
If we get enough people, I'd be down to purchase a hood. Thats the heaviest part correct? If we get enough people, and the price is right, then count me in.

EDIT: stock of course.

SOME MORE EDIT: Do they currently make a wing like kanaens for our cars?

to my knowledge they actually dont have any parts for our cars, have only done the 99+, so we would be getting quite the one off parts from them :)

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
I'm all over it....I love carbon fiber! If it's quality...

i have been on a carbon fiber bug myself actually, hence when they said they could work something out I was quite happy. Plus it has a good effect on the wow factor haha

i'd be down for a rear diffuser, hood with heat extracting vents and even a front splitter if it looked good.

would you be interested if the hood was a 96-98 cobra and the scoops were functional

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm down for some fenders, trunk lid, and rear diffuser if it'll work on a saleen bumber. Also if they could reproduce the front splitter that used to be made for the saleens that would be awesome!

svt5150

Established Member
If you look hard enough most of this stuff is avaliable already. i too am a CF lover. It all started back in the day with Tim S @ Paper Flames Racing. That company is now gone but I have managed to find many parts. Also look at Griggs or Tiger Racing if you want racing CF parts... More companies the better tho. You wont see me complain!:rockon:

CF diffuser....

IMGP0074.jpg

CF hood vents, CF side scoops, CF side mirrors, CF taillight bezels

Luigis.jpg

CF taillights, CF trunk frame and T1 wing

IMG_10352.jpg

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
way to help my thread ^ :shrug: haha

the side scoops I do know are on ebay, I have seen them
as for the diffuser I ment for the rear not front.. but we could work out a front diffuser.

The larger more intricate parts I really have not seen, I have seen the little pieces but not much of anything else. Figured this would get some people excited since they too probably havent seen most parts. Tiger Racing is also very expensive from what I can remember

svt5150

Established Member
way to help my thread ^ :shrug: haha

the side scoops I do know are on ebay, I have seen them
as for the diffuser I ment for the rear not front.. but we could work out a front diffuser.

The larger more intricate parts I really have not seen, I have seen the little pieces but not much of anything else. Figured this would get some people excited since they too probably havent seen most parts. Tiger Racing is also very expensive from what I can remember

I wanna help haha.... dont worry most those parts you cant get unless custom done. I would love a rear diffuser but I have the Saleen rear. Anything you can get made is a bonus and if I dont have the part I will most likely buy it:beer:. Keep us posted.

The front diffuser is awesome but extremely hard to find or one to make a mold for that matter.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
SVT5150, that's the front splitter that i'm talking about. That's what I need. Also do you have a link to the side scoops, and the mirror covers, and the rear light bezel?? Thanks bro.. I love that car and that's what i want my car to look like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread