Carlisle All-Ford Show - June 6,7,8

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
at this point you have made i obvious that you are mentally challenged. the gates open at 7 am, clearly stated everywhere, oh except for your ticket. You need to relax, become a part of the solution, not more of the problem. Or go find a nice telephone pole to slam into.:loser:

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
at this point you have made i obvious that you are mentally challenged. the gates open at 7 am, clearly stated everywhere, oh except for your ticket. You need to relax, become a part of the solution, not more of the problem. Or go find a nice telephone pole to slam into.:loser:

I appreciate your advice, nothing like a fellow Stang owner telling another guy to run his Cobra into a pole...:???

My advice: Momma should've swallowed you...

Last edited:

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
I was passing by when I witnessed a heated conversation between some SVT peeps and the Carlisle staff.

this was the precise reason I do not show my car there.... every year it has become worse and worse. Sometimes I think the show is just toooooo big for them to handle.

This year.... myself and some Fnsweet.com people got a Club tent.... we were allotted 35 spaces (which we gave up some to the next class over out of the kindness of our heart). But for the 180 bucks we got a confirmed 35 spaces and a 20x20 tent to keep us out of the sun.

We will be doing this next year too.... screw judging. I could care less about a 10 dollar trophy. What I do like is to come out to a show.... show my car to those who appreciate it.... and enjoy the show with little conflict.

Maybe MACA should look into getting a club tent next year. Maybe MACA on one end and Fnsweet on the other..... that is 70 spaces :)

BTW this is what we had....

IMG_9294.jpg

hell we even parked at an angle... and when the Carlisle people tried to tell us we couldn't park like that... we told then we had 35 spaces.... we only used 15 and gave 20 away..... pound sand! They left and we never heard from them again.

IMG_9304.jpg

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
they set up the tent.....

I thought I was going to have to flip on them early because they couldn't find the tent.... I was like it is a 20x20 tent.... you sold 25 tents total how freaking hard could it be.

The thing about the club tent... if you get 25 cars to sign up under your club name.... the tent is FREE.... that is right FREE. since it would be our first year.... we would have to pay that up front.... but when we got the 25 cars.... they give the loot back.

also.... as a club area.... we can put L's.... all the different years and so on.

Did anyone see the set up BMC (Bad Mustang Club) had??? They had a 30x30 tent.... and rented tables and chairs.... they may have even rented a grill. I would love to do something like that next year... but it is something we have to plan now. We get everyone who is even thinking about going to pitch in 5 bucks... (or 10 buck) and get our space NOW.... then we can meet with Toni (Carlisle event coordinator) and we PICK our spot. But, this is something we should do early!!!!

My dream.... to have a SHOW inside the show. Get the middle row on both sides for MACA then have our own show... setting it up the way WE want!

Pearbear

180 Lbs of Sad
Established Member
I think so. The BMC had 2 of those tents right across from the fnsweet guys. The more confirmed registrations you have, the more space you can secure.

Pearbear

180 Lbs of Sad
Established Member
The grill belongs to Joe (BMC member). He brought it up from VA with him, then took his truck back to VA, and brought his car up. That's some dedication right there.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Very good idea...Im glad you guys took the initiative and had a good time despite the Carlisle BS...got room for a KB Cobra next year???

JWMclane3

Tutored by an '03 Cobra
Established Member
We had close to 30 Marauders in the green field over by the wash rack/picnic area along the shale bank...

Tent too....

Problem with parking was no different (tent in one area, judging and parking farther down the row...not next to each other). Can only imagine the snafu with 1,000 Mustang/Cobra/SVT products and umpteen classes...

Negotiated with the Cylclones, Vic's and whatever else we screwed up by showing up in numbers by Friday afternoon (after begging the point with Carlisle staff to no avail)...

Everyone had a good day and a cool head Saturday. Everybody fit (us..barely, had cars STACKED around the tent), got judged and some even snagged awards in the various classes around us...

After asking for 10 minutes to move the stupid plastic signs (essentially moving the classes and getting us, the Cyclones and all the other full size Ford/Merc stuff in our area straightened out), and getting denied...we realized we'd better manage this on our own...

Tent, pre-reg and solid numbers and they still didn't leave enough room (had a stupid Carlisle swag tent taking up the space of what could hold 3 - 4 cars if you we're creative...not a big deal...but they didn't open the friggin thing all day Sat...just sat there taking up space)...

Not my worst show, but once we all put our ego's aside and ran our own show within the show I heard no more complaints (other than the heat...Sunday on my way in the temp showed 92 degrees at 10:30 IN THE MORNING!!)...

_jwm

Last edited:

tjs98gt

Established Member
screw that show, ill never go back. it was my first year going and hated it. the carlisle event staff had NO IDEA what was going on or how to run the show. i shelled out the $160 for my club to have a club tent and only asked for 15 spots because i knew all of our club wouldnt be there. when our club arrived there was absolutely no spots around our tent, they filled up the entire area, the only open space was what was left under the tent.

not only could they not direct us towards the tent but all they would say was "drive down to the next stop sign and ask them, they will direct you". they just kept bouncing everyone around back and forth.

my weekends off from work that i reserve for show weekends i need to travel far for are better off being reserved for a show worthwhile and more organized. not to mention outside of the carshow NOTHING goes on in the area after show hours.

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
The main issue lies with the Carlisle STAFF. Depending who you get.... you could get good service or not.

What we did (Fnsweet guys).... and should do again is...

Meet with Toni (Carlisle Staff - Tent girl) and order the tent(s) in person... and hand pick our area. This will go a long way with getting what we want.

1) Get a club tent (or 2) with the reserved spaces. DO THIS EARLY as in now -Dec and not wait till after the first of the year so we have first pick of spots.

2) Make sure we have people arrive on early Friday.... to make sure that our area is there and to set up the area.

3) Mark our area.... if we are allotted 35 spaces - SECURE THOSE 35 SPOTS RIGHT AWAY..... I have caution tape.... we get tomato stakes and we police our OWN area. --- we did this first thing on Saturday morning..... it worked well.... and Carlisle Staff never said a word to us. We parked only the cars we allowed into the area. Just seeing the caution tape caused many to just pass right by and not even think of parking in our area.

It is all about RECON!!!

4) Make sure there is one of OUR reps at the tent at ALL TIMES to deal with issues.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
only if you show up on time and dont cry like a little girl.

Who is this numbnutz? :shrug:
You even a part of MACA??? I cant believe Im typing in response to your bulls&%t...nobody gives a flying f&%k what you think...take it to another forum...please do us ALL a favor and play the big dick games somewhere else...:beer:

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Why could you not just drop it already asswipe. JZ has a right to his opinion. Leave already...

Thank you...I appreciate someone understanding my frustration, along with several others on here. I have been in contact with Carlisle and hopefully others who wil help fix this problem for future events.

Users who are viewing this thread