Carmax??

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
Has anyone takin their truck to Carmax for a trade-in?? I am probably gonna take it Saturday just for the heck of it to see what they give me. Should i take all the stickers off my truck? I thought i heard somewhere it is best to bring it back to stock. If you guys have any pointers just let me know, thanks!

Gooberlog

12second '06 R1 Hauler
Established Member
I work at Carmax and thats also where i bought my 2000 L from "out of the wholesale lot". If your truck is and '03 and it has less than 90-100K on it then it has a chance of being resold on the front lot at which you will get decent trade in. The only way they will resell it on the front lot is if they see it to be a good investment ie: They won't have to paint much, if the vehicle is already in decent mechanical shape "wont need all new tires and brakes etc" and if it isn't heavily modified. If you have a full exhaust on it they will most likely declare it automatic wholesale destination and low ball your appraisal because for them to replace the whole exhaust will take about $1000 in oem +labor and that already they would be loosing on the deal to profit from reselling your truck. So if you dont' have high miles and are stock or mildly modded then go for it, but i must ask, why do you want to sell it anyway?!

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Dont worry about the stickers. I wouldnt worry about the pully. Just make it look all stock. They shouldnt dock you for just a catback. Good luck!

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Gooberlog said:
I work at Carmax and thats also where i bought my 2000 L from "out of the wholesale lot". If your truck is and '03 and it has less than 90-100K on it then it has a chance of being resold on the front lot at which you will get decent trade in. The only way they will resell it on the front lot is if they see it to be a good investment ie: They won't have to paint much, if the vehicle is already in decent mechanical shape "wont need all new tires and brakes etc" and if it isn't heavily modified. If you have a full exhaust on it they will most likely declare it automatic wholesale destination and low ball your appraisal because for them to replace the whole exhaust will take about $1000 in oem +labor and that already they would be loosing on the deal to profit from reselling your truck. So if you dont' have high miles and are stock or mildly modded then go for it, but i must ask, why do you want to sell it anyway?!

Me too! :beer: What part of CarMax do you work in. I am in Sales

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
SlammedSVT said:
Dont worry about the stickers. I wouldnt worry about the pully. Just make it look all stock. They shouldnt dock you for just a catback. Good luck!

So do you think i should take out my billet grilles and replace them with the orginal grilles?

Im just scared i'm gonna get scammed on Ebay. I've gotten two e-mails from people that you know they are just trying to scam you. I could try Ebay i guess but i would have no idea how to handle all of that stuff. I will have to look into it.

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
nates03L said:
So do you think i should take out my billet grilles and replace them with the orginal grilles?

Im just scared i'm gonna get scammed on Ebay. I've gotten two e-mails from people that you know they are just trying to scam you. I could try Ebay i guess but i would have no idea how to handle all of that stuff. I will have to look into it.

Yeah ebay can be a scam, but just make sure the check clears if somebody buys it and then you good to go. No the Grill wont matter, but you can get alot more selling it on your own.

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
SlammedSVT said:
Yeah ebay can be a scam, but just make sure the check clears if somebody buys it and then you good to go. No the Grill wont matter, but you can get alot more selling it on your own.

Yea i think im gonna put it up on Ebay today, thanks for all the help.

Users who are viewing this thread