Carnival Cruise Question

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
Im going on a cruise at the end of october beginning of Nov. and was wondering if i need a passport?

Its leaving from jacksonville FL and returning there. And it makes a few stops in the bahamas and heard that i might not need a passport?

Anyone know for sure? THanks

SpectorV

Established Member
when I went they said you could get by if you had your birth certificate and no passport, but I would HIGHLY recommend getting a passport. They may have changed the law by now so you must have it, you leave it on the boat when you get off the boat generally (so they recommend) so its not good for much other than getting back in the US after you get back from your cruise.

It can take a while to get but I recommend getting it

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
alright cool, thanks for the heads up, they are good to have so mine as well... i also heard the thing about having a birth certificate and some form of idea like your license...

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I just went and brought my birth certificate, all was good. You DO NOT need a passport for the bahamas.

This^^^. We just booked one and you don't need a passport as you are not staying overnight at those locations and you will reboard the ship.

txyaloo

Established Member
The price just went up to $135. It takes 2-3 weeks to get your passport right now. I'd say it's worth the time and hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread