Carrol Shelby, what a jerk!

(DK)

Established Member
Carroll Shelby, what a jerk!

Taken off of another forum. Not only wouldn't he take 2 seconds out of his busy life to sign an autograph for a kid who waited 2 hours to ask, he was very rude about it.

"My wife and I spent that day at the Barrett Jackson Auction In Palm Beach on Saturday. It was a long day but a great day. Lots of interesting cars, nice people and lots of freebies. Saw Carroll Shelby and asked him for an autograph twice, both times resulting in a mean NO. For the little kid that I saw wait 2 hours for a chance to ask Shelby to autograph his model car he paid too much for, resulting in yet another stern NO"

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Screw little kids wanting Carroll's autograph. They don't even know who he is! Why are they at a rich guy auction anyway, shouldn't they be getting Lingenfelter's autograph?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
DaleM said:
Screw little kids wanting Carroll's autograph. They don't even know who he is! Why are they at a rich guy auction anyway, shouldn't they be getting Lingenfelter's autograph?

lingenfelter is not w/ us anymore :(

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
mc01svt said:
lingenfelter is not w/ us anymore :(
So now he and Carrol have something in common, you won't get an autograph from either..LOL yes I know and the Z06 guy would too! :lol1:

MonkeysL

Established Member
did you see that GT went for 5??,??? at barrett jackson? i believe it was 535,000 but not positive

1slosvt

Established Member
He'll put his name on a Dodge Omni but won't sign a model for a kid. He sucks the weiner. Carrol Shelby will put his name on anything... dodges, telephones, toasters, feminine products. Why not just sign the damn car?

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
DaleM said:

Who knows. This little kid could be the next Enzo Ferrari. :poke:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
dirtchicken said:
Carrol Shelby is a fu(king sellout.

Well John Coletti didnt want to sign my Ford GT :poke: :shrug:

hotrodcobra

Established Member
I met Carroll Shelby several years ago, he was very polite, signed anything I wanted him too. He even asked if I wanted a picture with my 2 year old, I took a couple of pictures then he noticed he still had his sunshades on, took them off and asked me to take another picture. Then he told a couple of good stories about racing in the old days. Couldn't have been any nicer.

rev440

young punk
Established Member
hotrodcobra said:
I met Carroll Shelby several years ago, he was very polite, signed anything I wanted him too. He even asked if I wanted a picture with my 2 year old, I took a couple of pictures then he noticed he still had his sunshades on, took them off and asked me to take another picture. Then he told a couple of good stories about racing in the old days. Couldn't have been any nicer.

Ive only heard posetive stories like this about Carol. From what Ive heard he sounds like a pretty nice guy. Plus how many times do you think he gets asked for his autograph at one of those events my geuss is prolly atleast 200times you cant say yes to everyone. Plus reading that makes it sound like the little kid was foweling him around and he did ask multiple times. Who ever said he had to say anything its his life dont get pissed at him because he said no.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread