Carroll visits SVT, gives approval for GT500

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
1993cobramustan said:
TELL THAT TO THE SAAC, AND ITS MEMBERS, THAT SHELBY IS JUST AN 8 YEAR WONDER. TELL THAT TO PEOPLE WHO ARE FORKING OVER $200,000 FOR SOME SHELBY MUSTANGS... FOR AN 8 YEAR WONDER, HIS SHADOW IS FAIRLY LARGE IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY, WORLD-WIDE. WHY DON'T YOU JUST BUY A ZO6 FOR $80,000.00 AND TELL US WHAT A GREAT CAR IT IS COMPARED TO A $40,000.00 SHELBY GT500...ANOTHERWORDS, BUY A GM PRODUCT, AND TAKE A WALK......
Who cares!!! Your acting like a damn 7 year old. He is a great automotive pioneer but your acting like he is a fu<kin God. And your gonna compare the C6 Z06 to the 07' Cobra?? Wow....brand loyal/bias people like you are flat out ignorant. But go on with your superb argument :rolleyes:

Oh...and there is a button on the left side of your key board labeled as "caps lock". TURN IT OFF. Your not intimidating anyone by having it on :kaboom:

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I feel the "Shelby" part of the whole project IS in fact a marketing ploy, regardless, this car will be the best mustang ever produced from SVT and Ford. Everyone has their likes and dislikes, but overall I think this car will be well received.

I think Ford shares the general publics point of view. That is, Carrol Shelby is an automotive icon who has influenced the mustang more so than anyone ever has. There are people who don't see it that way, but in general that's how he's seen. The name is VERY popular right now, and Ford played on that. So what it cost them some green. The extra hype, talk, chatter and articles written about the car and Shelby will more than make up for any lost dollars. They're able to tap into a broad market now with customers young and old who may not have considered something like this, but now, with all the hype, they can't wait. You have to spend money to make money. I think Ford saw it as an investment, and the return will be great.

Mark my word, when Shelby dies, you all will have wished you'd bought one.

Users who are viewing this thread