Cars signed by shelby

mkkrs1

Established Member
Has anyone removed the center AC vents. I am looking to get this piece signed by Carroll. He will sign items for a $250 donation to his charity.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
here is mine
DSC00482.jpg

FiaCobra

Established Member
Had my passenger side airbag cover signed. It was easy enough to remove.

incarke4.jpg

Pig

The center AC vents are pretty easy to remove. You have to remove the cluster bezel and passenger airbag to get to it. Remove the cluster bezel by grabbing it and pulling. Open your glovebox and drop it down completely. Remove the 2 screws holding the airbag from inside the glovebox opening. Release the clips that secure the airbag cover to the dash. The clips go all the way around the cover...reach up inside through the glovebox opening and feel from behind. Unclip them as you work your way around the cover. Once the cover is free, carefully pull the airbag assembly out far enough to get to the 2 screws on the right side of the AC vent piece. Remove the 4 screws holding the AC vent piece in place (2 on each side) and presto!

I had more detailed instructions over on TS, but it seems to be unavailable. Anyways, thats it in a nutshell. FWIW, I got my airbag cover signed and also got one of the dash plaques. The plaque is $299 I think, and comes with GT500 sill plates also.

Pig

IMG_1568.jpg

Last edited:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Guys...those airbag cover signatures look great! :thumbsup: I need to get this done to my Dad's Shelby GT for his birthday. Can someone give me instructions on how to remove the passenger airbag cover???

Pig

Guys...those airbag cover signatures look great! :thumbsup: I need to get this done to my Dad's Shelby GT for his birthday. Can someone give me instructions on how to remove the passenger airbag cover???

Same as above (minus the cluster & AC piece), cep disconnect the battery before removing the airbag. Once you get the airbag assembly out, the cover can be removed from the airbag by a little squeezing & prying to get it off the metal hooks (you'll see once you get it out). Just be careful...don't want the airbag to *pop* on ya! You can send in the entire airbag assembly if you don't want to remove the cover, but its at your own risk.

Mine took a little less than a month turn-around time....of course that all depends on Carroll's schedule. Here's the link to get a signature.

Last edited:

FiaCobra

Established Member
Don't forget to disable the airbag circuit by pulling fuse #17 (10amp). The fuse block is located on the passenger side kick panel. There's a trim cover that covers the fuse block. Remove the fuse and then turn the key in the "on" position and watch the dash warning lights. The airbag warning lamp should light and stay on. If so, then you pulled the correct fuse. NOW go ahead and disconnect the battery and start your passenger side airbag removal.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
I want to buy an extra passenger side airbag cover from Ford and send it off to be autographed. This will be going in my dad's '07 Shelby GT.

Question: Does anyone know if these covers are the same color between '07 and '08? Steve (the guy who sells parts on here for 10% over cost) is telling me that there are multiple styles and colors available. Huh? I'm ASSuming that all Mustangs made in the last couple of years with black (or whatever the official color is) airbag covers are the same. :shrug:

IMG_1568.jpg

eci

Banned
I want to buy an extra passenger side airbag cover from Ford and send it off to be autographed. This will be going in my dad's '07 Shelby GT.

Question: Does anyone know if these covers are the same color between '07 and '08? Steve (the guy who sells parts on here for 10% over cost) is telling me that there are multiple styles and colors available. Huh? I'm ASSuming that all Mustangs made in the last couple of years with black (or whatever the official color is) airbag covers are the same. :shrug:

There are 3 possibilities for GT's.

1. Satin aluminum applique
2. Charcoal aluminum applique
3. Black plastic

Last edited:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
There are 3 possibilities for GT's.

1. Satin aluminum applique
2. Dark Charcoal aluminum applique
3. Black plastic
Thanks for the info. I searched the web for the last 20 minutes, and this is the best picture I could find for a Shelby GT (not a GT500) airbag cover. It looks like it has a unique pattern that might be different than gt500s. I can't tell for certain. I'll ask Steve. :shrug:

USETHISPIC.jpg

Close up of material...

07ShelbyGT_08.jpg

eci

Banned
Thats the Charcoal Aluminum cover. Ford calls it "charcoal aluminum applique". It *is* different from that used on the GT500. From far away they look similar, up close very different. The GT one looks a little like carbon fiber whereas the GT500 doesn't.

It will say what it is on your sticker. On the sticker that one will read "CHARCOAL ALUMINUM PANEL".

Last edited:

smrtasp

Established Member
Whats with the center plate between the AC vents that has the CS logo and GT500 on it? I have seen this on a few cars that do not appear to be KR/SS/40th models.

Users who are viewing this thread