Car's up for sale, considering one final attempt at getting it tuned

codycat91

Established Member
So after so much frustration with datalogging and still being unable to get my car passed inspection, I decided to post it up for sale. The car is N/A, however it has many mods, and the biggest problem is I'm in NY which has ridiculous inspection. In order for it to pass inspection, the car must be hooked up to the inspector's computer, and all systems must have been run and pass (with the exception of one being not ready). Since I have an EGR delete, that is the system that has to be "not ready". I also have an offroad X pipe which would normally throw a CEL, but I do have MIL eliminators. Does anyone know if the MIL eliminators will actually appear to the vehicles computer as everything in functioning normally? Or will it just keep that from ever completing its test cycle? If it never completes the test, I will never be able to pass the car.

Also, I would like to hear suggestions from tuners, whether it is locally near Buffalo, or a reliable online tuner. For a quick reference, this is what I have:

-2003 Mustang GT
-01 Cobra WAP factory block
-04 Mach heads/cams (decked .010")
-01 Cobra intake manifold/TB, 1/2" spacer
-Bazooka 95mm MAF
-42lb injectors
-JLT Ram Air
-ARH 1 3/4" longtubes, 3" collector, 3" off road X pipe, Borla stingers
-2003 Mustang GT computer
-03/04 Cobra fuel hat and twin pumps, single factory FPDM
-03/04 Cobra gauge cluster
-EGR delete
-T56
-315/35-17 tires
-3.55 gears

Im very near the point where I dont really care about it anymore and wish somebody would buy it from a state with less ridiculous inspection laws. I would drive it with an expired inspection but in NY, its the same system thats run through the DMV so I cant even renew the registration without getting it inspected. Do I still have hope?

Last note: I need an SCT tuner. When the car was running great but with the CEL, I was using delta force software, with a very reputable tuner. I believe SCT just may be the saving grace if it does in fact have more capabilities. You're my last hope. Thanks for taking the time to read all that

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
You don't have anything crazy. Why not hook the EGR up and throw a pair of cats on? I know it won't be easy with the spacer, but it's possible. The MILs shouldn't show up in the tune. The rear O2's should be able to be left on with them in place.

It doesn't matter what software you tune with. As long as the EGR is turned off you won't complete the drive cycle.

codycat91

Established Member
Because when the wiring harness was rewired, the egr wires were also taken off. Its Ok to have one sensor not ready in NY. Only one.

codycat91

Established Member
I'm not really sure how that happened, but I had every intention of hooking it back up until I couldn't find the egr wire connections I needed

01yellercobra

Established Member
The problem is the EGR affects other monitors. The catalyst monitor will never set without the EGR.

codycat91

Established Member
Well I have all the parts to the EGR, but haven't had much luck finding a wiring diagram to use to rewire it. I don't mind doing the work to hook the egr back up but I don't have anything to start on or look at

Users who are viewing this thread