Cash premium for a Convertible over Coupe.

wearymicrobe

Established Member
OK shopping around for a bit, I have found a few good coupes 08-09's that I like in the 32-34K range with extremely low miles and minimal modifications. I have my heart set on a convertible though.

There are so few for sale getting a feel for pricing is a bit hard. Anybody here have a good idea what the premium is for a convertible over a coupe in the same option packages.

They made something like 6 times the coupes that they did of the convertibles. Also most of them seem to be black while I am looking for white/blue/red with stripes.

Its that or a 5.0 car with a blower and save a good bit of cash in the long run.

wearymicrobe

Established Member
Check edmunds and KBB.

Only about 2-3K but not at all what I am seeing in the actual market.

2009 39,000$ for a red/white stripe no option car with 11K miles.
(I would think 35-35K from KBB and coupe sales)

2007 44,000$ for a white full option car with 2K miles.

I was hoping to find something in the 09' 34-35K range with say less then 10K miles based on KBB but that is looking more and more like a pipe dream.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Do you not plan on modding it once you get one your self?

Or you don't trust the person who modded it?

You can save a lot of money by purchasing a fully modded car used.

I think I'm gonna have problems getting 1/3 of my money back in mods.

RLB01

Established Member
Wearymicrobe, have a friend here in California that has a bone stock 07 white vert with 7K on the clock. He has just decided to sell probably in the 34-35 range. Give Paul a call on his cell @ 661-301-0017.

wearymicrobe

Established Member
Wearymicrobe, have a friend here in California that has a bone stock 07 white vert with 7K on the clock. He has just decided to sell probably in the 34-35 range. Give Paul a call on his cell @ 661-301-0017.

Will give him a call tonight if I can manage to get out of work early enough.

I would like a stock car if possible, I plan on only doing a SCT/intake/pulley and gears. Easy to reverse stuff, and a 07 will be out of warranty anyway.

wearymicrobe

Established Member
Do you not plan on modding it once you get one your self?

Or you don't trust the person who modded it?

You can save a lot of money by purchasing a fully modded car used.

I think I'm gonna have problems getting 1/3 of my money back in mods.

No multiquote.

Actually the biggest issue is CARB laws. I cannot get a modified car into the state and have it pass emissions so I am stuck to carb legal pparts and things that are not visable like head porting and cams in the long run.

wearymicrobe

Established Member
So I was able to find a 07 in the color and options packages that I want. I am driving up today to take a look at it. My wife and I are driving up tonight to take a look at it and put down a deposit if it is as clean as it looks in the pictures. The only issues are that it has a pully/tuner/intake on the motor. I am going to revert it back to stock.

Only real issue is if my wife can use the clutch. She cannot drive my Viper due to the clutch pressure required, she short and tiny. Hopefully this is a little bit lighter and she is comfortable with it. If not we are going to have to go with a standard GT.

wearymicrobe

Established Member
She won't be able to drive it most god awful clutch I've ever dealt with

Her exact word's to the letter. Beautiful car, I could more then likely do the 11 clutch swap and take some of the pressure off it but she was floored by how bad it was.

This from a women who has never owned a automatic in her life. Maybe it was a bad example but it was felt 1.5x stiffer then my Viper. Though it had a good engagement point so its not like the clutch was going south and the car was super clean and ~5K miles.

Also I have only driven the coupe before but man does the convertible have some shake in the chassis. I had no idea it would be that wobbly, I cannot imagine the later years with even more power without the larger tires and better suspension.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Kenny Brown matrix system - subframe connectors and jacking bars welded along the seams from the front to the rear jacking point. Made a big difference in my coupe.

wearymicrobe

Established Member
Kenny Brown matrix system - subframe connectors and jacking bars welded along the seams from the front to the rear jacking point. Made a big difference in my coupe.

I have been looking into them to fix the wobbly feel.

So I bought a very low mile 06 GT Vert with a automatic this weekend to build up instead of doing a GT500. I have found GT500 OEM hood, front/rear valance locally for sale to make it look the part.

I will order the exhaust and a few other small things this week if I have a chance and then we will decide what blower to go with. KB 2.6 in the base boost configuration is more then likely our best best. The GT was ~17K or so cheaper then the GT500's that we were looking at so it leaves some room to make it into what we want. This is easier then swapping in a automatic and cheaper in the long run.

nxhappy

Established Member
well, at least you stuck with the Mustang lol. KB or Whipple would def. be a good choice. Just make sure you get a good tune with someone that is experienced :)

wearymicrobe

Established Member
well, at least you stuck with the Mustang lol. KB or Whipple would def. be a good choice. Just make sure you get a good tune with someone that is experienced :)

I live like 5 miles away from JBA so unless everyone on the internet is wrong they should be more then able to take care of it.

I also found a complete set of "street" ground control bits with the panhard bar so at least we can get it down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread