Cat Delete Feedback Needed

Boss949

Established Member
I'm really getting serious about doing Cat Deletes. I'm looking to hear back from those who are running these on what to do, expect, change, etc.

Pro's and Con's.

Loudness and state inspections are not issues to worry about.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Gr8toz

Established Member
Love mine, just don't do the BBK, fit wasn't perfect, had to have mine welded to stop leak.

Last edited:

BossLady82

Established Member
Love mine, just don't do the BBK, fit wasn't perfect, had to have mine welded to stop leak.

This is good info. I also went with BBK and I think I'm hearing a little leak but not sure from where. Going to check it out this weekend. Other than that I love running no cats. It's very loud but in a really good way. Now just have to get tune so the check engine light goes off.

Fear the 5

Established Member
100% worth it. I don't know if the Boss cats are any different than the GT cats, but I have the JBA deletes and they're awesome. Good fit, good price, and great sound.

Ochoblanco

Established Member
I assume the cat deletes require a tune to run without throwing a CEL? Any reason to not just go with an 0/r H or X (other than the side pipes being rendered useless and price) over the deletes? I assume a full H or X would offer more rwhp increase than the deletes with the stock Boss mid.

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
I just put the Summit pipes on. To be honest, it feels kind of doggy. I fully expected some weird issues until I get the tune, I just wanted noise.

As said before, the car is much louder but in a good way. I have the 3/4 plates in the side pipes. I'm thinking of drilling out the stock plates to 1/2 or 9/16.

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
I drilled out my stock side plates to 9/16 Friday. I replaced the 3/4 plates. I like a more balanced sound, this seems to have done the trick, more noise is coming out of the back now instead of the side pipes. As a plus, it doesn't seem as stinky.

Users who are viewing this thread