Cat Delete Questions

Defiant 5.0

Established Member
For those of you who have them, how do you like them? Are there any notable performance gains/losses? Are they too loud? Do your neighbors/cops get upset about it? Would you rather have high flow cats? Really, what are your thoughts on them?

I have a friend who is usually spot on when it comes to mod suggestions and he wants me to pick up a set, but I wanted some forum feedback before making a purchase. Thanks for in advance for your input.

Vic2186

Established Member
Give me a good bump in power..you will smell the exhaust more regardless of what axle backs you have ..you will hear your car at idle more ..worth it

The Guz

Established Member
no mufflers with 23.5" dynomax race bullets in place of resonators, with cat deletes and i LOVE the tone

The Guz

Established Member
Are the Race Bullets a form of resonator? My concern here is for my neighbors.

yes, its loud but you'd deff be surprised by how much they quiet it down, i started it with nothing then with the bullets and its petty amazing how a straight through design like that can quiet it down so much, im wondering how 2 in place of the resonators and 2 in place of mufflers would be.

The Guz

Established Member
I would like to be able to keep my Roushes but I would need to quiet them down. Maybe this would be an idea for how to achieve that.

do the cat deletes with roush's and 18" (case length) bullets i bet it wont be much louder then it is now

Defiant 5.0

Established Member
Thanks for the information. I really want to pull more power out of my exhaust without attracting the attention of cops and pissing off the neighbors. I really want to squeeze out more hp though. :) I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this.

The Guz

Established Member
Thanks for the information. I really want to pull more power out of my exhaust without attracting the attention of cops and pissing off the neighbors. I really want to squeeze out more hp though. :) I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this.

awesome man, let us know how it goes, how you like it :) post a vid ;)

May93

Established Member
I had thought about going with the cat deletes myself. I currently run Flowmasters American Thunders so I'm expecting it to be loud.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I have longtubes and o/r x-pipe with roush ab's and it's really not loud unless you are stepping on it...

What about cold starts in the morning when the rpms are up..its loud as shit.. I had roushes with stock exhaust and cold starts would wake up a neighborhood!

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
With a set of headers a good 3" orx and gt 500s its loud...how do i know? Its exactly what i got, its loud enough that if someone calls me on my sync (windows down) i cant understand them when they are talking ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread