cat delete with gt500 mufflers and boss h pipe?

5ohpowa

Established Member
As the title says ive got the boss side exits with the restrictor plates removed and gt500 mufflers. Eventually id like to do the steeda cam'd idle tune and ive seen that alot of the problems with the cam tunes is from excessive heat trapped in the head and cats at idle. So my thought is to do jegs stainless cat deletes when i do the tune but it this going to sound terrible? Im sure it would sound like any off-road h pipe gt500 muffler car from the back but will it be too much out the sides or should i put the plates back in?

5ohpowa

Established Member
I just put it on yesterday and its been raining today so no vids yet. It sounds awesome in the car and especially good with tye windows down. Had my buddy do a drive by so i could here it outside of the car and it sounds nice there too. Its deep and has a kinda old school rumble toyo it. Not tinny and no drone. In 6th with the windows up its nice a quiet but screams when you go WOT

mhyjek

Established Member
Do you reuse the stock gaskets with the jegs cat deletes? Or do they provide them?
Thanks. I have flowmaster cat back american thunder thinking about spicing it up a little. To bad for my neighbors!

5ohpowa

Established Member
I havent done the jegs deletes yet because im not sure about the tune. Ive seen to many ppl have their cars stranded by the sct tuners lately im thinking i may wait for a concrete solution. Unless anyone still makrs the spacers for the o2 sensors to keep the C.E.L off. Lethal performance used to sell then but i can't find them now

Teej281

Established Member
You can find write ups online to make the MIL eliminators. You can find all the parts down at radio shack.

Users who are viewing this thread