67Stang/00CSVT

Established Member
hey guys, i just bought a 2000 Contour SVT with the 2.5 v6, you know the deal with that. Only aftermarket parts are the exhaust, which is where my question comes in.
It has the two cats coming off the exhaust manifolds, but then there is a third where the two mani's join into the single pipe going back to where it splits into the dual magnaflow muffers.
So my question is, is that third catalytic converter where the pipes join really necessary?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I've been out of the CSVT for a few years, but in short you typically get rid of the pre-cats (the ones in the exhaust manifolds) and keep the 3rd cat.

67Stang/00CSVT

Established Member
thanks ryan. do they make delete pipes for that?
there isnt any emissions testing in my area. can i just remove all of them or will that affect my engine in any negative way? or would just just removing the two off the manifolds and replacing the one in line cat with a high flow work better than removing them all together?

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
You would need to get headers and a test pipe if you remove all of them. The power gain from removing the main cat has been deemed negligible.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
No. People drill and gut the pre-cats. If you do that or headers, you'll need MIL elminators.

MJN

Established Member
Same here I just gutted the precats and installed some MIL eliminators. Loved the sound after doing it and never got any CEL.

Users who are viewing this thread