catback alternatives-95R?

XLR8-R

Established Member
I wanted more sound for my 95(and perhaps more power), put on a catback from Magnaflow. It hits the rear swaybar, is too close to the fuel cell, tips are too big, so I will probably remove the tailpipes and go with dumps for now, but was wondering what others have tried and had success with? Thanks in advance... :shrug:

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
I've had Bassani and FRPP catbacks on mine. The Bassani hits the fuel cell on both sides, hits the pass. rear frame rail and the rear tires rub the tailpipes. The FRPP fits for the most part but the rear tires rub on the tailpipe connections during heavy cornering.

Rumor has it the Dynomax catback is the best fit for the 95R but I haven't been able to confirm this.

TXRickC

Established Member
was the stock catback on the '95 Cobra R any different at all vs. stock 94-95 Cobra?

XLR8-R

Established Member
stock?

My stock one had already been replaced, so I am not sure. I would like to have an original if anyone had one in good shape...

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Man, I have been down this road!! To my knowlwdge, the only thing that fits is the Fllowmaster. 2 or 3 chamber kits fit. Mac somewhat fits but is a struggle and rattles. Borla definitely does NOT fit.

I have not tried Dynomax.

Users who are viewing this thread