Catback install tips?

Zevox

Established Member
Just got my MBRP Race cat back in and was wondering how hard it is to install a cat back on jacks stands? If anyone has some tips for ease of installation I'm all ears. I put my X like in by myself and it wasn't too bad, I'm just concerned about being able to line the whole cat back up right on the ground.

99mstng

Established Member
Hardest part is removing the over axle pipes on stands, it needs to be raised up a lot, cut out the ota pipes or pull the springs for more clearance to remove them in one piece. Install is the easy part.

Last edited:

99mstng

Established Member
Also use a jack to keep the x pipe raised to the body and with everything fitted loose tighten starting at the x pipe and work your way back.

Zevox

Established Member
Yeah I just hit the trouble with the over axles, I snatched the axle backs out so fast I should have known I was about to hit a wall, haha

Zevox

Established Member
Update! Got it installed and wow it leaks... right where the axle backs connect with the over axles I just can't get it to stop uuugh. But its all good! You can't hear the leaks, just kinda sounds like motor noises. I'll take it to my exhaust guy and let him button it up later.

Users who are viewing this thread