catless exhausts

94_Vert

Established Member
the decibel level really depends on what exhaust you have. taking the cats off will merely emphasize the exhaust you have now. as far as the law, the only trouble you would see is if you had to pass smog, but in ohio you don't. i dont think you will see in mpg. you probably know already but you will need mil eliminators.

the biggest difference i noticed was the raw smell of spent gasoline. but that is a plus to me.

THE_STIG

Established Member
Cops normally pay more attention to you, you will fail inspection, people will get pissed off towards you.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
Cops normally pay more attention to you, you will fail inspection, people will get pissed off towards you.

I dont know how different it is from each state but I pass inspection every year. Noone gets mad at me down here, in fact everytime I drive into town i get a compliment on my exhaust. Cops never bothered me either.

Exhaust:

SLP O/R X
SLP LM1's

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
After longtube install, i went with an O/R X-Pipe. My exhaust stinks to holy hell. Cats are going back on.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
It all depend on the state as far as the smog check. In my lightning I had no cats and passed emissions because they just plug into your OBD and if your car is tuned right it wont throw any codes and you will pass. If it does throw a code the machine will tell the tech to hook up a sniffer and then you might fail. I never had any issues with cops, people, inspections, or emissions. You could smell the fumes in the garage but the machine passed it so it passed. Also I was 486rwhp before the delete and 510 after the delete and tune. I say do it

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Dude, you have a 2003 Mustang GT that is probably pretty damn close to stock. Why do you need to run no cats>???
That kind of stuff makes me laugh, you should do an A/C delete next, then you will have a race car!

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
Dude, you have a 2003 Mustang GT that is probably pretty damn close to stock. Why do you need to run no cats>???
That kind of stuff makes me laugh, you should do an A/C delete next, then you will have a race car!

ooooo, i change my vote then. i didnt look at the vehicle

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
some of you guys mention the raw gas smell..... I had an off-road X-pipe on my 87 LX and the inside of the car smelled AWFUL. Had an off-road H-pipe on my 06 GT & now have an off-road mid pipe on my Lightning, and both vehicles never had any kind of exhaust smell inside the cabin. Now that I think about it, the 06 GT & L have good tunes, and the 5.0 wasn't dyno tuned. Maybe that's the key with the smell?

Users who are viewing this thread