Cats for a dropped 97 Cobra

bigsterl97

Established Member
I have come to the unfortunate realization that I must put catalytic converters on my Cobra to pass emissions (I have done it illegally a few years already...too expensive) Now I'm looking to get cats installed but the car has been dropped about 1.5" with H&R sport springs, plus i have fox body front struts. My concern is clearance. I got the car up on the lift today and the space between the O2 sensors on both exhaust pipes already has scratches from where it contacted the asphalt. I am looking at the SLP High Flow Cats but just don't know if they will pose an issue on clearance. Any suggestions on a different brand or am I over reacting???

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
SLP's are way to thick, Instead of a flat design they are round and will scrape everything. I had to raise my car when I had them.

bigsterl97

Established Member
SLP's are way to thick, Instead of a flat design they are round and will scrape everything. I had to raise my car when I had them.

Yeah, they looked kinda fat. MangaFlow has a universal cat that looks a bit flatter. is that my only option or is there another brand that will not pose clearance issues?

Users who are viewing this thread