cats

Doch01

Established Member
Is der a diffrecne if I have no catalics on my car den if I put sm on I jabe ful bolt on in my car and im ganna get a tuner next month

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Is der a diffrecne if I have no catalics on my car den if I put sm on I jabe ful bolt on in my car and im ganna get a tuner next month

Yaah man! Taken 'em frum ya bombsled?

I'm going to guess you are throwing a code without the cats so if you put them on you won't throw the code!

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
Is there a difference between having Catalytic converters or no catalytic converters? I have full bolt ons currently. I'm getting a tuner next month.

What I think he said.

Rotzs99

Established Member
I don't think that's engwish.

To try and answer question. I don't think there is much hp in the cats. They sound slightly different with or without cats and you may get more of a gas smell without cats and no tune.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I don't think that's engwish.

To try and answer question. I don't think there is much hp in the cats. They sound slightly different with or without cats and you may get more of a gas smell without cats and no tune.

There is more than a slight difference in volume between cars with and without cats.

If a Mustang has a performance catback but stock midpipe, I don't even consider it aggressive. If it has an off road midpipe with the same catback, I'd say it's at least 33% louder, probably more like 50%.

Depending on the configuration, it may add drone and/or rasp as well.

There is some extra power to be had by removing then stock cats if tuned for it, maybe 8-10 rwhp on our cars.

Last edited:

Rotzs99

Established Member
Well even when i went stock H to Bassani catted X I gained a lot of volume, but I don't think there is much difference between an aftermarket o/r x and an aftermarket catted x. I think the infamous fishtank burble comes out more without cats than with. Which is one reason I'm catted.

Users who are viewing this thread