Catted H or Catted X. Need Your Sound Clips (Bassani CB)

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
Sup guys,

So looking to change up the midpipe on the cobra I really love the way the car sounds right now has stock manifolds stock hpipe and bassani 2.5inch mufflers, but I want more volume so I'm leaning more towards a high flow catted H pipe. I can't find any good audio videos on youtube with my bassanis and a high flow hpipe. So I figured I would ask you guys if you have this setup if you could post some sound clips here. Also would be interested in hearing bassani catted x pipe and bassani mufflers.

Thanks guys!

Kyle

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Hey there Kyle.

I have bassani mid length headers with Bassani catted X and bassani catback.
Having a hard time uploading video here. I can email you if you like. Let me know.

chris

Last edited:

Rambro

Established Member
I have flowmaster 44's and MRT off road h and I love it. Don't let anyone tell you these cars don't sound good with the H, it's not true lol.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I have flowmaster 44's and MRT off road h and I love it. Don't let anyone tell you these cars don't sound good with the H, it's not true lol.

I'm with you Rambro. I don't have any sound clips, but in general I love the sound of an "H" pipe over an "X" pipe. The "H" pipe sounds more muscle car. The "X" pipe sounds too raspy for me. I hate the sound of the "X" pipe...….. But, that's just me.

Go "H" pipe Kyle...……..

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member
I'm with you Rambro. I don't have any sound clips, but in general I love the sound of an "H" pipe over an "X" pipe. The "H" pipe sounds more muscle car. The "X" pipe sounds too raspy for me. I hate the sound of the "X" pipe...….. But, that's just me.

Go "H" pipe Kyle...……..
This is my fear as I love my current Bassani cat back, stock H pipe sound.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I don't have bassani.....borla stinger CB....but I do have a magnaflow high flow catted X with factory manifolds. Zero rasp. Sounds great to me. The car makes over 700 hp so I'd say it supports plenty of hp/TQ potential.

Maybe it's just the catless X setups that sound raspy

ctozzi

Established Member
I don't have bassani.....borla stinger CB....but I do have a magnaflow high flow catted X with factory manifolds. Zero rasp. Sounds great to me. The car makes over 700 hp so I'd say it supports plenty of hp/TQ potential.

Maybe it's just the catless X setups that sound raspy

Do you have any clips ? I have the same setup except an off road x and it’s way too loud for me and my 4 yr old son when we cruise. I want to get a catted pipe rather than go back to stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Do you have any clips ? I have the same setup except an off road x and it’s way too loud for me and my 4 yr old son when we cruise. I want to get a catted pipe rather than go back to stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only have this one. No in car. This is 3rd gear fly by

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
I’ll grab a video here in the next week or so. Stock manifolds, Magnaflow catted X and Ford Racing Borla Stingers. I had an off road Magnaflow X before and it was just too damn loud. Also got tired of the exhaust fumes. Lol

badmpg03

Established Member
on stock manifolds - a catted X with stingers is perfect
check youtube, lots run that setup

In general to me, if you have chambered mufflers, go ORX
straight through muffs, keep the cats

Users who are viewing this thread