Catted Prochamber Installed

Yuckfou

Huge Member
Established Member
2003 Cobra with Borla Stingers.

I chose the catted version because I didn’t want to increase the sound level too much over the Stinger/stock h-pipe combo.

I purchased the system from Chung at www.blueovalperformance.net

Fit and Finish

I was a little concerned about material quality and fit and finish. The new coating MAC is using is pretty thin and scraps off easily. This coating covered the welds so it’s hard to tell their quality. It remains to be seen if this coating provides rust protection for the long term.

The connecting hardware and flanges were of decent quality.

The system has bungholes:-D for all four O2 sensors.

Install

Here is a brief overview of the install. If you have specific questions ask.

The system came in 3 pieces. Two pipes with cats and the Prochamber. The package also consisted of one gasket; one small flanged pipe and the studs and nuts. The kit doesn’t include instructions.

The install is pretty straightforward.

The stock h-pipe is pretty heavy. It’s connected at the manifolds and at the catback. The studs on the manifolds will be reused. The included hardware is used everywhere else.

The passenger side at the manifold is a mild PITA. Make sure you have a swivel and an 8” extension.

The drivers side O2 sensor cable was too short. This was pretty easy to solve. I just spliced in some wire and extended the cables length. I recommend soldering these connections.

The install took me a couple of hours. That’s taking my time. I did the work in my garage.

Sound Quality and Impressions

Keep in mine I’ve only put 175 miles on the system so far.

At first I was disappointed that the system was so quiet. I figured losing 2 cats would mean more sound. After putting some miles on it I noticed that it’s getting louder and meaner sounding. It seems quieter inside the car. My impressions are very similar to NJCOBRA10thA’s.

The Singers with the stock h-pipe sound much deeper.

The popping on deceleration has all but disappeared. It still has a nice gurgling and rumble on deceleration though.

I really need to hear it from the outside. Might setup a dyno trip soon.

One thing that I’m a little concerned about. I’m running H&R Supersport springs with the stock isolators. My car is low. With the stock h-pipe I had 3in of clearance. The Prochamber cats have 2.5in of clearance.

Blah blah blah here’s some pics.

Cat

IMG_4495.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG

IMG_4501.JPG

IMG_4502.JPG

IMG_4504.JPG

IMG_4505.JPG

IMG_4510.JPG

IMG_4516.JPG

IMG_4529.JPG

Last edited:

Yuckfou

Huge Member
Established Member
Originally posted by 03YellowVenom
Looks good Keith:rockon: if ya want to hear it from the outside i'll take a couple laps in the parking lot for ya:D

Make ya a deal. You drive mine and I'll drive yours. Bet you'd like to hear the new Bassani's from outside.:burnout:

Yuckfou

Huge Member
Established Member
The stock h-pipe is back on the Cobra.

Missed the deep rumble/burble with the stock h-pipe. The Procahmber sounded good but just not to my liking.

Users who are viewing this thread