Catted X morphed to H....

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
I am currently running Magnaflow Catted X
I have been wanting to switch to an H without having to buy a Catted H by just using the Cats I already have. The Cats just clamp to the X section anyway. So it shouldn't be to hard.
I've thought about going to muffler shop and having them do this, but thought there might be another way.

I see Lethal has the off-road H pipe.
Do you think I can cut the H section off and just put it in place of the X. I would think that If I cut it at the right spot this should be possible by just using some stock slip on clamps.

Magnaflow:
Magnaflow 07-2010 Shelby GT500 High Flow Catted X pipe (w/ Cats) - Magnaflow - Mid-Pipes - Exhaust - 2007-2009 - Ford SVT Shelby GT500 - Vehicle Selector - Shop Now

Lethal H-Pipe:
Lethal Performance 07-2010 GT500 Offroad H-Pipe (No Cats) - Lethal Performance - Mid-Pipes - Exhaust - 2007-2009 - Ford SVT Shelby GT500 - Vehicle Selector - Shop Now

Any reason it wouldn't work?

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member

Why search when I don't have to?:poke:

Sorry couldn't resist. I remember seeing that a LONG time ago.
Was just looking for a quick response....much easier than searching.
Thanks for the link.....see that was easy!!!:coolman:

Again, thanks...

Still didn't answer my question on the Lethal off-road H and Magnaflow catted X.....may have to be the guinea pig. I hate being that guy.

fullboogie

Established Member
It's all good - but the "much easier than searching" is not cool. C'mon man!

By the way, the Lethal H will fit for what you're attempting. The rear legs of midpipes are all the same. But why spend the money on a new Lethal pipe when you can get a used GT pipe for much less?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread