Catted x-pipe and catback put on. Not sure how I feel about it. Suggestions?

Cobra Kai Dojo

Finish him!
Established Member
just put on a bassani catted x-pipe and bassani catback few weeks ago. i like the look and the sound at WOT. i have no other mods.

it has too much drone. it's very "boomy" at highway speeds. i am at a point where i am thinking about putting the stock setup back on; maybe leave the x-pipe and put on the stock catback.

i dont mind an exhaust system being loud. i just dont like it boomy like my honda with a fart can i had in high school haha.

is there a setup that delivers on power/tq but without the drone? i am open to other brands of exhaust or utilizing part of the OEM exhaust.

jdh1213

2.8 Kenne Bell
Established Member
I have Magnaflow catted X with Magnaflow Catback and love it. Sounds great at WOT but no drone at highway speeds.

JMD0346

Established Member
Thats what I run and I love it. I get so many compliments on it. Im ready for a change though. I think im gonna switch to a Mac Pro-chamber. Need a different sound.

Changing from stock to Bassani is a pretty big difference. Youll get used to it and probably want more. I was the same way.

DE07GT

Established Member
A catted x and a Bassani catback is probably quieter than most other systems at cruising. You probably aren't used to it yet.
I hate loud exhaust and I have Bassani headers, o/r x, and catback. It's still makes less noise than most Cobras I've heard at cruising and idle. Somewhat quiet when you want it, then a good sound when you get on it.

andrew69_04

Established Member
i've had both the magnaflow catback and now the stinger catback. Magnaflow definitly gets my vote for less drone and noise at highway speeds. borla got old after a 9hr drive to texas

00QckSlvrLight

As Fast As Lightning!
Established Member
I just installed a UPR catted x pipe onto some stingers and love the way it sounds. Only complain I have is the the start up now seems like the car hesitates at start up now. Am I going to have to get it tuned? Current mods are K&N Intake, xpipe and Stingers 27k miles on car. Sorry to hijack.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have the exact same set up in a vert and I don't have an issue with drone. Maybe you are just more sensitive than the men on the forum

just put on a bassani catted x-pipe and bassani catback few weeks ago. i like the look and the sound at WOT. i have no other mods.

it has too much drone. it's very "boomy" at highway speeds. i am at a point where i am thinking about putting the stock setup back on; maybe leave the x-pipe and put on the stock catback.

i dont mind an exhaust system being loud. i just dont like it boomy like my honda with a fart can i had in high school haha.

is there a setup that delivers on power/tq but without the drone? i am open to other brands of exhaust or utilizing part of the OEM exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread