Caught off Guard

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
So I know the owner of a ford dealer by me so for amusement I went there to see if I could get one for msrp or how long. Ive read just about every post on this site for months on the Shelby. Well as I walked into the showroom I felt my body get warm. There it was White with a black top and the blue stripe on the door. The car is sick I started it, reved it and they put the top down for me. Im in lust this car is for me> I told him Ill take it now and he said how much do you wanna give me for it. I told him the price on the sticker and Ill take it tonight. He said (very nicely to me) come see me in 6months to a year. I sat with him later on and he told me straight out if he could get 15 to 20 over sticker how can he say no. From a business point of view I cant really blame him. He told me speak to him in 2 or 3 months and hell have a better idea wjere this is going. He too didnt think the adm's are gonna last long. Car is awsome Sooo sorry no pics please dont torch me im still warm and fuzzy thinking about it :rockon: :banana:

03snakerush

Established Member
I'm still keeping an eye out for the first one at my local dealership. What state is your :beer: dealership in if I may ask?

Silver 03 Cobra

AzDropTop said:
At 45K the car is over priced. I hope folks are willing to pay 15K over MSRP for these cars.

I think it's worth $45k. What other car delivers that much performance for the money other than a vette who everybody and their brother owns one.

I think Ford will step in and do something. I know they are not selling because we have yet to see a dyno sheet. The few suckers that are buying them are the type that would never put that car on the rollers let alone race it. I got an email from one on ebay that ripped my ass for only telling them it was a damned shame that Ford and GM were in trouble and that a dealer could make all the money on the car. I have my email and his reply and it's going to Ford. I bought five Fords in six years including three Cobras. I'm telling them why I wouldn't buy the Shelby.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
I think it's worth $45k. What other car delivers that much performance for the money other than a vette who everybody and their brother owns one.

I think Ford will step in and do something. I know they are not selling because we have yet to see a dyno sheet. The few suckers that are buying them are the type that would never put that car on the rollers let alone race it. I got an email from one on ebay that ripped my ass for only telling them it was a damned shame that Ford and GM were in trouble and that a dealer could make all the money on the car. I have my email and his reply and it's going to Ford. I bought five Fords in six years including three Cobras. I'm telling them why I wouldn't buy the Shelby.

I hear ya on the performance, but it's a mustang! 45K for a mustang just seems crazy to me. The 03/04 cars performance is pretty close and we are talking a lot more cash. They are beautiful and the potential is limitless with the big 5.4, but I just can't get over the price.

Users who are viewing this thread