CB-CAI Advice

MinGry03

SVT Guy
Established Member
I have two friends that both have 07 GT's. They are looking to upgrade some parts and I was wondering what CAI and CB/mufflers would be a great combo. Also, is a retune a must when you change to a CAI? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ZChaos0026

Established Member
They are starting to come out with CAI's that dont need tunes, however, the CAI/tune combo wakes this car up a lot. From what ive seen the C&L and JLT seem to be the best. I have a JLT and SCT tune from brenspeed, it's awesome.

As far as cat backs go, i would suggest having your friends listen to some sound clips and choose the one they like best. There's really not any power gains to be had by changing out your exhaust unless your are throwing some long tubes on and getting rid of your cats.

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
*not a catback for 05+. Its an axle back. Sorry... just picky about wording.

What ZChaos0026 said is correct. I suggest the JLT/SCT package. I personal don't like mail order tunes. Its taking a chance with a tune not designed just for your car like a dyno tune would be(which i HIGHLY recommend)

I suggest bassani off road x (their cats blow way to much. I have gone threw 3 sets) and a bassani AXLE back exhaust. Bets sound ever! But when it comes down to it, its all about personal pref with sounds.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
I ran a C&L and SCT with canned tune for a while. It wasn't until I had it tuned hands on that the car really woke up. The engine management on these cars is sensitive and will pull timing if the tune is a bit off.

Also, I run the FRPP/Borla Stinger axle back on mine and I think it sounds great.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
I run JLT intake with SCT-2 programmer (both musts)

Catback/axlebacks are up to the owner. (companies make both)
Personally ive heard alot of them. I like Zoomers and Corsa the best, with Mac in 3rd place. I think Zoomers and Corsa really give a unique almost Corvette/mustang sound. Both are expensive but top notch in every aspect.
Flowmaster sound OK, but ive heard the quality is 100% junk.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
The S197 cars are extremely responsive to CAI/tunes. I had a JLT and Xcal 2 with mailorder Brenspeed tune and the car made 292rwhp/311tq.

Your best bet for CAI's are JLT/C&L/Steeda IMO

Your axle back are going to net you nothing but sound, so it is more personal preference.

Users who are viewing this thread