CBM built short block.

Bgoins

Established Member
Looks like LS engines are their main focus. They put together some serious stuff. A few high dollar engines on their site.

DaBigBone

Established Member
2 guys in the group I hangout with run their stuff. Both LS cars though. They both speak very highly of them

weemon2k2

Established Member
I've been eyeing up this short block for awhile. I emailed a guy on the Facebook AMCR page that purchased one back in September 2015, Michael Danner. I asked him if he's had any issues with the short block so far, here's His response,

"Motor is running strong. Found no problem at this time. It was a new block. You will have to get two freeze plugs, 4 alignment pins and two pins for the timing tensioners. I would ask them to install them before shipping. The alignment pins we're on backorder for three months".

I know it isn't much, but atleast we known there's motors out there without issues. I plan on getting a short block In November, and unless I see some bad reviews, I'll probably go with CBM

debit_free_2010

Established Member
It's probably a good shortblock however my guess is CBM is selling some NOS engines from some other shop, Presuming these guys are getting wholesale jobber pricing, the part numbers add up to 2,700+$$ so I don't see how they're doing any machine work , balancing and assembling one of these without losing money. A new block (not from 2011/12) is a grand by it's self.

Users who are viewing this thread