CC Plates... easy to install????

Wraith_2006

Established Member
so I will be getting new shocks and struts for my car, however I have been informed that I should just buy the CC placetes now and get both things out of the way at once... so ... for you that have installed them, are they hard to install... and once you got them installed were they worth it? The car is already lowered with Eiback sportlines and is used for AutoX and FUN...

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
The MM CC plates you have listed in your sig are very easy to intall I have done about 4 of them and they come with very detailed intructions with good pics as long as you have the tools required it shouldn't take you longer than 1/2 the day if you have never done it before. Take your time read through the directions one time before you start and follow them and it's a snap. Good luck.:beer: As for the difference I can't say there was some noticable performance difference other than the fact the they will allow your car to be more easily aligned and there for not tear up your tires or make for adverse driving conditions due to alignment problems.

LDC2335

Established Member
cc plates are only like an extra 20 min on top of your strut/shock change, they are easy

Toasty

Established Member
I think it took me about 2 hours total to install my MM CC plates from start to finish. I cant see how someone could do it in 20 mins...

Was an easy job to do. Make sure you book a wheel alignment at a competent shop immediately after.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Easy easy and since your doing the rest now is the perfect time to knock this out. :beer:

LDC2335

Established Member
I think it took me about 2 hours total to install my MM CC plates from start to finish. I cant see how someone could do it in 20 mins...

Was an easy job to do. Make sure you book a wheel alignment at a competent shop immediately after.

if you already have the car apart to change struts, its not that much more, even if you have to drill an extra hole... But yea, if thats all your doing is cc plates as 1 job, then it could take a few hours

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
It wasnt that hard to do. Just read and reread the instructions before you begin.

I think I spend an afternoon doing cc plates, bupsteer and struts.

Make sure you take it to a reputable alignment shop.

Users who are viewing this thread