CC plates: Vorshlag vs MM

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm looking at replacing my GT500 mount/camber bolt setup for CC plates since I want to do some autocross and open track stuff next year. I'm sold on Vorshlag except price. Hear Maximum Motorsport are good too. Should I bite the bullet and buy the Vorshlag?

Last edited by a moderator:

4.SLOW

Established Member
MM are pretty good, but unless you find an amazing deal, I would buy the Vorshlag ones. I have MM plates, and as soon as I go coilovers, I'm trading up to Vorshlag plates.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
MM on my car and it's the same set I took off my last car. Over all around 25-30k with no issue at all. I can't remember but there was something about vorshlag I didn't like.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
I have MM as well. Keep an eye out on the FS section or MMs site for weekend deals. Occasionally, they go on sale. I think the vorshlag ones have beefier bearings, but I know plenty of people who track with MM plates, including myself, with no problems. Also, cortex uses MM plates for their coils... And they have pretty good experience with race cars!

I did purchase the smaller top nuts from vorshlag to dial in more camber. The stock nut is too big and hits the strut tower around -2.2deg (on most cars).

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I use MM cc plates but really see both as Grade A stuff. Wouldn't consider buying one vs the other as trading up, but as mentioned this is a good time of the year to chase the sales. Good luck!

twistedneck

Established Member
I have the Cortex ones. The drivers side will have a slight pop every once in a while upon backing out of my driveway. apart form that no stiction and it seems good. The Vorshlag has a much more street worthy bushing setup - i'd probably go that route next and Jason over there knows his stuff and has support on this forum.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
Do you have coilovers as well? Because coilover plate perches are solid, while stock style spring perches are rubber. So, coilovers will occasionally make noise.

modernbeat

Jason at Vorshlag
Established Member
...and Jason over there knows his stuff and has support on this forum.

Thanks. I help when I can. :beer:

And if you are getting a popping coming out of your driveway, it's likely the small bearing is toast and will soon take out the spherical bearing in your camber plates. Get it fixed before it becomes a real issue.

Users who are viewing this thread