CCW Classic guys/wheel gurus inside plz

ImportsSuk

DelValMuscleCars
Established Member
getting thigs ready to order up a set of CCW Classic's and would like to hear from anyone with them or from you wheel gurus in general... i would like to know your setups for the CCW's - sizes, backspacing, tires... etc. basically anything i need to know for when i go to order them up. i was thinking 18X9 in front w/ 275/40/18 and 18X11 w/ ???(need some help here)/35/18. i have seen some run as wide as 18X11.5 in the rear but i dunno if that requires major modification or not? i already know that i'll need the lips rolled in the back, low pro IRS bolts and plan on H&R race springs, IRS bushings, urethane all around, CC plates, bumpsteer kit. what else am i missing? tell me what i need plz! :thumbsup:

thanks in advance guys!

68gtscode

Established Member
CCW will take good care of you so you probably don't need all these details, but here is what I recommend:

Front- 18X9.5 with 6.25" backspacing. CCW makes three "cuts" of centers, so ask them about this in relation to your brake setup. I have the ones that offer the maximum brake clearance. For tires, go 265 or 275 35/18. I have 265/35/18s.

Rear- 11.5s will not fit. Go 18X11 with 6.75" backspacing. Tires are up to you. A 295/35 is popular, as is a 315/30. The 315s are short, and CCW will recommend a taller tire. I chose the 305/35 Nitto Drag Radials and they fit very nicely.

You will need your fenders rolled with H&R Race springs, but that should be it. All the suspension mods you listed should do it... I think you have everything covered, just don't forget an alignment once everything is installed.

ImportsSuk

DelValMuscleCars
Established Member
^ thanks for the info dude. i've been looking through my pics and trying to get a feel from these as to the final look :)

Yugamuphotoshoot.jpg

3302997504_b0bedb7750_o.jpg

3303206170_bb9627f304_o.jpg

DICobra

Established Member
i would like to get more infos. from this thread too... planning on getting new rims with wider tires on the rear... maybe 335's....

68gtscode

Established Member
i would like to get more infos. from this thread too... planning on getting new rims with wider tires on the rear... maybe 335's....

I also wanted to run this tire, but CCW said it would not fit. There is a thread right now on Mod Fords where a guy has these on an 11" CCW... he had to use spacers to get them to fit, and his tires are interfering with his fenders. This tire is too wide for a 10.5" wheel too. You live pretty close to me- if you are really interested in seeing how CCWs fit first hand, PM me and I'd be happy to show you my car. You will have to drive to Palo Alto though!

^ thanks for the info dude. i've been looking through my pics and trying to get a feel from these as to the final look :)

No problem, glad to help. I should have been a little more clear in my first post- the wheel specs I provided are what CCW recommended to me, and build for all 03/04 Cobras. I am sure they could build you wheels to other specifications, but they are not going to fit as well. I would imagine all the wheels in your pictures are built to these same specs too. Here is a quick picture of my car with CCWs and H&R race springs... let me know if you have any more questions and I'll do my best!

cobraa.png

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
As far as Classics go, CCW can cover you on the bs/fitment.

front; run 275/35/18

Rear, 315/30 or 335's can be stuffed back there with rolled fender lips, button head upper IRS bolts and *maybe* massage one inner panel edge inward lightly.

With the 335's you'll want to put some kind of clear bra or something on the back 1/4's to prevent road rash.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
ScottinSSMD has 335 KDW2's on his 11" rear Classics. Looks sick nasty. He used to have 335 Michelin PS2's. Not sure how he fit em, but he did.

SpectorV

Established Member
for the rear you want 4 inches of the rim to be frontspaced (wheel width - backspacing = front spacing) 3.5 inches if you dont want to roll the rear fender~ but I personally would go with 4 inches for the rear

for the front 3 inches of front spacing~ to 3.25

for the 11 wide rear do NOT listen to them when they say a 295 that wheel is simply to narrow, go wider

275/35/18 front and 315/xx/18 rear~ that would be my vote, my 295's on my 10 wide is a PERFECT fit with the bfg kdw's

Stalker27

Established Member
You can run a 335 on the back. There's a guy on here with a sonic blue & runs 335 on a 11" rim uses a 3/8 spacer

Stangrocka

Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
theres a guy in termys for sale that has 11 inches wide rear and has 345's on em. check out the pics. in the head thread it says central texas. looks wicked!!!!

SpectorV

Established Member
if the back spacing of the 11 inch rim is 6.75 thats 4.25 inches of rim outwards which is a bit past the limit IMO so running a 3/8 spacer is really going to stick the rim/tire out from under the fender well FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread