Votes: 41 47.1%
  • CCW (polished)

Votes: 46 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new wheel setup, (18x9.5 & 18x11) but I can't decide which style to get. I dig the Classics but sometimes they look a little bland. The Sp500s look nasty but I love the Classics lol. What do you guys think? I'm going with polished, either way.

Pics borrowed from Google, SVTP & CCW (thanks to all!)

Sp500:

03.jpg

06.jpg

Classics:

cobra002.jpg

3b1e3hm0.jpg

mdmp_0906_03_z+04_mustang_svt+front_view.jpg

Black for fun:
ccw2.jpg

I like Chicanes, as well. I'm losing my mind lol.

Last edited:

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I am a fan of the classics, but the SP500's are sick as hell too.

-Eric

I just think the Sp500s would look NASTY on Torch Red. I like the fact that I've never seen a TR '03/04 with them too.

If someone could please photoshop baginoman's car as Torch Red, I'd really appreciate it. I'd do it, but I haven't re-installed PS from my external yet.

Last edited:

ShakeNBake

Established Member
wow bro tough choice.. i think I'm feeling the Sp's but the Classics are sexy as f*** either way you can't go wrong.

Love the colts to,

black 10th vert

Established Member
I would say go for the Sp500's if you want to stay with the 5 spoke look. If you prefer the mesh style, then I would go with Chicanes any day over the classics. To me they just have have a more modern feel to them, and more depth to the look. The CCW Classics remind me of those antiquated mesh wheels they put on the Firebird GTA's back in the late 80's. Maybe that's why they named them "Classics"? Anyway, I may be a bit biased, but I fell in love with the Chicane's back in '06 when I first started hanging out here, and eventually bought a set when I could afford them. One thing to consider, though, is if it's a DD, I would go for the SP500's because they will be WAY easier to clean, and maintain! My car is a garage queen, so I can deal with the Chicane's, but I know they grow old really quick with upkeep if exposed to regular driving.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I would say go for the Sp500's if you want to stay with the 5 spoke look. If you prefer the mesh style, then I would go with Chicanes any day over the classics. To me they just have have a more modern feel to them, and more depth to the look. The CCW Classics remind me of those antiquated mesh wheels they put on the Firebird GTA's back in the late 80's. Maybe that's why they named them "Classics"? Anyway, I may be a bit biased, but I fell in love with the Chicane's back in '06 when I first started hanging out here, and eventually bought a set when I could afford them. One thing to consider, though, is if it's a DD, I would go for the SP500's because they will be WAY easier to clean, and maintain! My car is a garage queen, so I can deal with the Chicane's, but I know they grow old really quick with upkeep if exposed to regular driving.

What offset and size would you recommend? Any fitment issues or needs?

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
If you plan to go piloshed id go with the SP's.. but if the plan is for a black wheel or gray wheel then id go for the classics. Classics to me are the best when you have a polished lip to accent the dark mesh and vice versa. The classics in all polished don't look as good to me.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I like the SP's so get the classics that way when I finally can afford CCW's you'll be one less person with SP's. haha

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I like the SP's so get the classics that way when I finally can afford CCW's you'll be one less person with SP's. haha

Lol. I added a poll but messed up the second choice. Should be Classics.

P.S. Anyone want my Saleens? 18x9/18x10. Few small blemishes, chrome is near perfect. I'll let them go for $550 shipped. They are anywhere from $690-730 new.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If you are going to ever do a 14" big brake kit then The SP500s I THINK, will clear the calipers without a spacer.

I like the looks of the Classics best and they are more serviceable since you can buy components for repair, which makes them very popular and economical on road race cars, however they often need a spacer up front to clear the calipers of BIG BRAKES.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I say go with the SP's also. I have them and am very happy with them. But like said above you can't go wrong with either one. Also CCW has great customer service.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
If you are going to ever do a 14" big brake kit then The SP500s I THINK, will clear the calipers without a spacer.

I like the looks of the Classics best and they are more serviceable since you can buy components for repair, which makes them very popular and economical on road race cars, however they often need a spacer up front to clear the calipers of BIG BRAKES.

Thanks for the info, Jimmy. :thumbsup:

GTIZZL

Established Member
I voted sp500, thats what I plan on buying for mine. But TF chicanes or the CCW Classics are still great.. No matter which way you go you cant lose!

stal94gt

Established Member
i would go with 5 spoke, alot easier to clean. im also lazy so that may not be a good enough excuse

Users who are viewing this thread