CCW's worth it? Which would you go with?

coremaster21

Established Member
I've had these sp500s for seven years and had them on 2 different terminators....and when I bought them back then from John purner they were a lot cheaper than today. They still look brand after their yearly metal polish. I believe they were money well spent and I would get back every single dollar if I decided to part with them.

And keep in mind they're not just for looks....they are LIGHT for their size and relieve some unsprung weight from every corner versus say a Chinese cast rim like the replicas. I had 17x10.5 replicas at one point and these 18x11 CCW are about 6lbs lighter with tires mounted. The 18x9.5 fronts are lighter than a factory 17x9 by a few lbs. Less weight = more performance

IMG_1381.JPG

IMG_1393.JPG
Wow! Your car looks amazing, love it! What is your suspension set-up? If I go new rims I definitely need lowered.

coremaster21

Established Member
I got my polished classics used from a member here. Think I paid about 2500 and they are like 3200 with shipping new.

I think the black looks wicked but I think you might have an easier time reselling polished down the road if it comes to that.

I don't regret it a bit. Totally changed the car

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Very true, my deck-lid is black and so are my cobra rear bumper inserts. So chrome or polished would throw everything off imo. I polished my exhaust recently so I think black rims with chrome hardware would really set it off.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had these sp500s for seven years and had them on 2 different terminators....and when I bought them back then from John purner they were a lot cheaper than today. They still look brand after their yearly metal polish. I believe they were money well spent and I would get back every single dollar if I decided to part with them.

And keep in mind they're not just for looks....they are LIGHT for their size and relieve some unsprung weight from every corner versus say a Chinese cast rim like the replicas. I had 17x10.5 replicas at one point and these 18x11 CCW are about 6lbs lighter with tires mounted. The 18x9.5 fronts are lighter than a factory 17x9 by a few lbs. Less weight = more performance

IMG_1381.JPG

IMG_1393.JPG
Those wheels look amazing on your cobra

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I like the sp 500 and 550, but would rather have the Mach 5's that Brady has.
I'm not a fan of black wheels, but that's me.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Wow! Your car looks amazing, love it! What is your suspension set-up? If I go new rims I definitely need lowered.

Thanks! The suspension setup is very simple....cut factory coupe spring up front and an h&r race spring in the rear. The shocks/struts are factory.

Those wheels look amazing on your cobra

Thank you, appreciate it.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
When i first purchased my cobra i was very skeptical about dropping 3-5k on wheels, I was pretty happy with the 18in AFS wheels but Ive always loved the look of CCW classics on Terminators, but couldnt convince myself to drop that kind of coin.

I got lucky and found some CCW 505s from a member here, the wheels where in need of some serious love, 1 was bent on the inside and 1 had a little curb rash, had them both repaired and polished and man did it change the look on my car. Now i am really considering getting some classics if i sell these.

Attachments

• 20160924_145243-4 (Medium).jpg
    20160924_145243-4 (Medium).jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 194

MG0h3

Established Member
Another thing to think about is how it will look at night. I used to have black saleens and at night the wheels and tires disappeared. The classics damn near glow in the dark.

coremaster21

Established Member
Another thing to think about is how it will look at night. I used to have black saleens and at night the wheels and tires disappeared. The classics damn near glow in the dark.
Good point, didn't think about that. I drive the car like 10 times a year though so that's not really an issue. It's all about how it looks in the garage lol or in a picture for that matter.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
My next set of CCW's or TF's I was thinking the D110's, LM20's, Chicanes in something different like the picture below. Polished centers with black lips and black center cap.

lm5t-3pc-dd0_zpsm1i7g0s5.gif

D-MANN

Established Member
My next set of CCW's or TF's I was thinking the D110's, LM20's, Chicanes in something different like the picture below. Polished centers with black lips and black center cap.

lm5t-3pc-dd0_zpsm1i7g0s5.gif

That would look sweet. You're onto something with that combo. I may have to order some wheels lol. I think some chicanes with gloss black and chrome centres would look great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I've never really been a fan of the classics. I prefer the LM20s.

I was dead set on getting a set of Mach 5 or LM20s but came acrossed some polished Chicanes at a "too good to pass up" deal. I was hesitant at first on spending that much on wheels, but damn they look good. And I haven't even it had it out of the garage yet on those wheels! LOL

20170113_140311_zps2k3pzrmz.jpg

coremaster21

Established Member
I just got a quote for the D110's at $3600 to the door so I will most likely be going with those. But still waiting on my tax return so my decision could change. But now I will need tires, anyone have any suggestions? Should I worry about rubbing if I plan to cut the springs?

zeus201

Established Member
Bought my polished classics years go from CCW and I'm pretty sure I didn't spend 5k on them. Originally had them mounted on my 99 Cobra and then transferred them to my 04 Cobra right before I sold the 99.

I'll be honest, it is a love / (mostly) hate relationship with these wheels. When they are all cleaned up and polished it's amazing. But, polishing these things are tedious and time consuming. Where we live, the water mineral content doesn't play nice and I have to wash each wheel individually and then dry them immediately. If I do not, they get water spotted badly.

However, if I were going to do it over again, I'd still buy polished wheel from CCW or True Forged. I'd even go a step further have the inner barrels polished. When I was ordering them, John @ CCW talked me out of it but I really wish I did it.

I will agree with others, it totally changes the look of the car.

EDIT: Found my invoice. Wheels were $2900, tires were another $900.

20161021_172431_zpsbufu1ex2.jpg

20150704_193950_zpsw3v6llop.gif

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
When i first purchased my cobra i was very skeptical about dropping 3-5k on wheels, I was pretty happy with the 18in AFS wheels but Ive always loved the look of CCW classics on Terminators, but couldnt convince myself to drop that kind of coin.

I got lucky and found some CCW 505s from a member here, the wheels where in need of some serious love, 1 was bent on the inside and 1 had a little curb rash, had them both repaired and polished and man did it change the look on my car. Now i am really considering getting some classics if i sell these.

Those are the rims I've been wanting. Although I found a set of Boze rims that I like. I think they look good.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
Polished wheels are the cheapest CCW, TF, etc. when you start customizing them is when it starts getting up there toward $4,500 + with tires.

Users who are viewing this thread