CD player malfunctioning

mrmustangman357

Established Member
on my 99 cobra, i have the mach 460 audio package with the separate cd player mounted underneath the head unit. whenever I play a burned CD, it skips occasionally like crazy. I am talking about brand new no scrapes or scratches. I tried a variety of blank disc makers and i used my cd cleaning device on the cd player 2-3 times. It skips and keeps trying to track and just stops there, then switches to radio, which is getting very annoying. Has anyone had this problem before, and what did you do?

mrmustangman357

Established Member
damn. are there any settings I can use in wmp or another burning program to help? I cannot imagine why the factory radio dislikes burned cds?

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
Just wait until it decides not to eject, play, or do a damn thing..that's what mine did with 6 discs inside. I had to dismantle it and wound up buying a new deck, it's not worth the hassle :cuss:

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
Its more the actual burner than the burning software. I've noticed most older players usually have a tough time with the newer CD/DVD combo burners. Discs burned on the older/slower burners seem to work better.

Users who are viewing this thread