CD player replacement

32VDOHC

Established Member
Damn guys, I use to do this stuff all the time, but apparently I have ben out of the game a little too long. Can you help?

I was just install just a simple plain-jain CD player so I can play burned cds. And also to eliminate having a raido and cd player seperate in my car. Anyway, I went into Walmart and picked up a Ford Premium Sound adapter and a cheap cd player, but when I removed the stock setup, the wiring harness did not match up. What am I doing wrong? I have tried searching this, but too many results and nothing exact for my request. Thanks for the help.

I found this.....but whats with the RCA connections?
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120705510/Ford-Receiver-Wiring-Harness.html?tp=2977

Also, do the connections for the stock cd player even get used? Or just left untouched with the new install?

Last edited:

LDC2335

Established Member
thats the right one(crutchfield), you need to buy a new radio with front and rear pre amp outs, thats what the rca's are for, that sends the signal to the mach 460 amps.

if you dont wanna use the mach amps, you have to run all new speaker wires wire, that's what i did. Bit of a pain, but worth it when running components.

Last edited:

32VDOHC

Established Member
thats the right one(crutchfield), you need to buy a new radio with front and rear pre amp outs, thats what the rca's are for, that sends the signal to the mach 460 amps.

if you dont wanna use the mach amps, you have to run all new speaker wires wire, that's what i did. Bit of a pain, but worth it when running components.

I see that adapter has 2 sets of RCA's. Does the CD player need 2 or can I only use one?

LDC2335

Established Member
I see that adapter has 2 sets of RCA's. Does the CD player need 2 or can I only use one?

if your cd player only has one set, you can use splitters, but i think you'll loose left/right fading. no biggie though.

bottom line is you have to use all four on the harness or sound wont come outta all four speakers.

32VDOHC

Established Member
Nevermind, I found the 2 large adapters back in the cavity and just used those to bypass the stock amps. I plan to put a small 10" woofer in to compensate for the lack of bass.

Users who are viewing this thread