Cell phones in movie theatres.

How would you handle cell phone abusers at a theatre?

• Total voters

LogiWorld123

Established Member
If you don't mind breaking a couple of federal laws, be my guest and use a jammer.

Don't be surprised when Bubba jams your asshole with a meat log either.

HellsBells

Do you smell that?
Established Member
Scoriox said:
If you don't mind breaking a couple of federal laws, be my guest and use a jammer.

Don't be surprised when Bubba jams your asshole with a meat log either.

Very difficult to get caught with one let alone using one. First of all they would have to have the equipment to track the jammer, which is the same technology used to isolate a cell phone signal by triangulation. Most police departments are only able to track the GPS function in cell phones. The FCC is more or less a dog with no teeth, and your Bond device looks like a cell phone.

Basically, you will get 55 speeding tickets before I ever get caught with my cell phone jammer. :poke:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
HellsBells said:
Basically, you will get 55 speeding tickets before I ever get caught with my cell phone jammer. :poke:

So what gives you the right to infringe on my rights?

StangJason

Established Member
dfw99cobra said:
I whisper and stay on the phone no longer than it takes to tell the person i'm in a movie. If they have something urgent to say; I'll tell them to hold while I step outside. I should have explained better.

That's about how long it takes to take my attention from the story. I think if you go to a movie your phone should be set on silent/vibrate and if you want to answer go outside the theater first.

I'm really starting to find the bright faces on these new phones just as annoying as someone talking on them. I was sitting about 3 seats down from a dude that continued to pull his bright ass phone out to see who was text messaging him every 2 minutes :loser: it's really annoying and will eventually get someone hurt when I lose it :fm:

03CobraBro

Established Member
I like the bond gadget... I'd almost like one of those everytime I see some lady in an SUV swurving through traffic trying to carry on a pointless conversation about dropping her children off at soccer.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
StangJason said:
That's about how long it takes to take my attention from the story. I think if you go to a movie your phone should be set on silent/vibrate and if you want to answer go outside the theater first.

I'm really starting to find the bright faces on these new phones just as annoying as someone talking on them. I was sitting about 3 seats down from a dude that continued to pull his bright ass phone out to see who was text messaging him every 2 minutes :loser: it's really annoying and will eventually get someone hurt when I lose it :fm:

My phone has the brightness turned down and I'm pretty good at keeping it close to my stomach or my head. I'm not trying to be a hypocrite on this subject. I believe that the way I deal with phone calls is discrete enough that I am not a distraction to others in the theater.

Don Vito, in spite of your hatred of cell phones in a movie; I can honestly promise you that if you saw how I handle messages and quick calls you'd understand better.

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
Geez have some focken courtesy, put it on vibrate and then deal with it in the lobby.

Otherwise you deserve an ass-whuppen.

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
dfw99cobra said:
Don Vito, in spite of your hatred of cell phones in a movie; I can honestly promise you that if you saw how I handle messages and quick calls you'd understand better.

What is your line of work where you have to answer calls in a movie? Or did you not pay for voice mail therefore you have to answer the call because it might be an emergency? :??:

dfw99cobra

Established Member
Wease said:
What is your line of work where you have to answer calls in a movie? Or did you not pay for voice mail therefore you have to answer the call because it might be an emergency? :??:

"Hey I'm in a movie. I'll call you back."

"Ok, later"

"bye"

Is that so inconsiderate of others? :shrug:

sharkall2003

Your everyday white pimp
Established Member
dfw99cobra said:
"Hey I'm in a movie. I'll call you back."

"Ok, later"

"bye"

Is that so inconsiderate of others? :shrug:

I say don't answer the phone. Although if that's all you say that's just fine, it's just when people have to explain everything that is going on and talk loud as hell. When I went to the movies with a girl friend I told her not to answer the phone well guess who called, her mom, and what did she do, she let it vibrate and called mom later.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
sharkall2003 said:
I say don't answer the phone. Although if that's all you say that's just fine, it's just when people have to explain everything that is going on and talk loud as hell. When I went to the movies with a girl friend I told her not to answer the phone well guess who called, her mom, and what did she do, she let it vibrate and called mom later.

I understand what you're saying and I've seen plenty of people be total d-bags about their phone in a movie. However, like I said previously if any one that has accused me of being a hypocrite on this topic could actually see me in a movie, they would think differently.

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
dfw99cobra said:
I understand what you're saying and I've seen plenty of people be total d-bags about their phone in a movie. However, like I said previously if any one that has accused me of being a hypocrite on this topic could actually see me in a movie, they would think differently.
I have no problem with you using the cell phone, Id just stick my dick in your g/f's popcorn

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
For one thing, I could hardly see how anyone could handle a conversation on a cell phone during a movie. For one, the volume on a cell phone could likely never be loud enough to override the sound system in many theaters. Second, the person on the other end will probably be getting so much garble, they could barely understand.

Cell phone courtesy must be enacted in this situation. Sure, carry your phone in the movies. I honestly don't mind it being there nor for it to be on. If you're like me, my wife and I rarely get out that much alone anyway so when our child is with a sitter, we still worry about him. Set your phone on vibrate or at least cut the ringer volume down low and place your phone in a way so that you can watch for the ring indicator light. If the phone rings, do what is the right thing to do in these situations. Get up and move away from other people so as not to annoy or disturb them. Heck, in many of the stadium style theaters you can move into the corridor away from other moviegoers and still even watch the movie. The problem is being inconsiderate which occurs not just in the movies, but on the highway, in the doctor's office, in the restaurant, at the mall or Wal-Mart, etc. I've even heard a cell phone go off in church...hopefully because someone just forgot to cut it off. What I can't understand is why most people seem to not mind for you to actually hear their conversations. I consider a private call...private. If I'm in a waiting room or similiar situation where other people are present, I get up and walk outside because I wish to speak in private.
Cell phones are great to have for a variety of good reasons. However, they are also a constant source for irritating others. Its not the phones, its those who use them without consideration of others and phone or no phone, you simply can not teach some people to be considerate.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
Big Vito said:
I have no problem with you using the cell phone, Id just stick my dick in your g/f's popcorn

but when she got to the bottom would she even notice it's there? :pop: :-D

Users who are viewing this thread