Centerforce DF Clutches... How do they rate?

32V SVT

Established Member
Hey guys, do any of you have any feedback on going with a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch setup for the 03-04 Cobra's?
I'm hoping to get better long term performance out of this setup...
My stock clutch just blew out the TO bearing in only 41k miles.. While they had everything out
we elected to replace the whole thing... I don't beat on the car either... I mean no burn outs, or speed shifting etc....
This whole blow out really surprises me... I managed to put over 100 k worth of miles on my 99 Cobra,
before changing the clutch and upgrading the tranny to a 6 speed, and I used to beat on the driveline in comparison...

Thanks,

-G

Corona-Extra

Miles Away From Ordinary
Established Member
i've had the Centerforce DF for about 5k now and i have no complaints. it chatters from time to time but from what i understand all after market clutches chatter.

I give them a solid A

ViciousJay

Established Member
no chatter, dead nice lauch ( use a steel flywheel ) perfect.... its rated to about 600 or a little over which is fine cuz im only on a upper lower combo so i have plenty of room to play with... if i went twin screw id be a little worried

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
The factory clutch is not a bad piece.
The Dual Friction is fine for up to 500 or so RWHP.
Engagement is smooth and a lot easier than stock.
Should not get chatter on the DF.
Life is dependent on driving style. Mine lasted about 4000 miles. When I went to a Whipple, that was the end of it. Based on your statements, yours should last much longer.
Dana

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
Lethal claims they have customers who have used the CF DF on cars up to 600rwhp.

I have one and it's great. Light pedal effort, no chatter, progressive engagement. (Pretty much the exact opposite of clutches like the Spec Stage 3+, which is what my car had before the DF, and which sucked ass.) But when I shift it quickly, it grabs hard just like it should.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
I was very disappointed with mine for track use, only lasted me 1 1/2 months, and that was before I went twin screw! On the street it was nice - but the Spec 3+ is just as streetable but light years ahead of the CFDF at the track....:burnout:

Last edited:

spdfrkFL

Track Addict
Established Member
The chatter is most likely coming from the flywheel.

I love my CFDF clutch, I've used them in many mustangs with great success. However, I would use a ford t/o bearing instead of the cf one.

Steps

Established Member
spdfrkFL said:
The chatter is most likely coming from the flywheel.

I love my CFDF clutch, I've used them in many mustangs with great success. However, I would use a ford t/o bearing instead of the cf one.

I used them in my past Mustangs as well, and I agree with you 1000% on the T/O Bearing!

Users who are viewing this thread