Centerforce DF vs. stock clutch pedal

batfat

Established Member
03 Cobra, stock motor, stock clutch, stock cable, Fiore adjuster and quadrant, LDC freeplay kit, 410hp at the wheels.

QUESTION: Can someone please confirm for me that the Centerforce DF clutch has less pedal effort than the stock 03 Cobra clutch?

That's it, thats all. Thanks!

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
yes less effort, had two, both had bad vibes at 2300rpm, the ring with the weights on it that are supossed to slide on the pressure plate fingers dont always slide freely causing an imbalance

Last edited:

batfat

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. Anyone else?

I've been open tracking the car regularly sice the spring of '03. Totally set up for road course use. Kept the engine stock for reliability. REALLY tired of the heavy clutch. DON'T NEED A STRONGER/HIGHER CLAMPING FORCE CLUTCH OR DUAL DISC.

Just want a few comments on the CF DF pedal effort compared to the stock '03 clutch. If it's lighter than stock it would be perfect for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

perry2k12

Established Member
I had a CF dual friction in both of my Cobras and the pedal effort was awful. I will never buy another one and the one in my Terminator came about with 480 rwhp. If you want minimal pedal effort get the Mcleod RST. It feels like a Civic clutch.

theunseenclass

Get that shit outa here
Established Member
I had a centerforce DF in my 03 cobra and it was def a lot lighter pedal feel.never had a problem with it either.I know u said your not worried about power but that clutch is actually rated to 600rwtq also and its super streetable.

Last edited:

baldtaco

Established Member
Also have it in my car without issues making about 500rwhp 500rwtq. pedal is much lighter than stock, still using stock cable and adjuster.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
I ran CF for many years... in my 65 Coupe and in my 01 Cobra... pedal was ALWAYS heavier. Went with a Spec and it felt like a feather... Surprisingly, when i went to a McCleod Twin Disc, the pedal felt like a Spec... very light.

But just to be clear... CF is HEAVY

batfat

Established Member
Thanks for all the good input. FOUND the answer on Lethal's site. NOTE: This applies to '03-04 Cobra only, which had a much heavier stock clutch than any other Cobra's or GT's.

Centerforce 03-04 Cobra Dual Friction Clutch Kit (10 Spline)(PRESSURE PLATE and DISC)

This clutch is being used on several of our customers 600+ Rwhp 03 Cobras! The Dual Friction Set-up holds great with no slippage even at those HP levels! The Dual Friction is an all around awesome clutch thats perfect for everyday driving but will also hold what you throw at it The pedal effort is about half of what the stock clutch has making shifting easier and quicker. The special Dual Friction material also won't chatter like most of the competitions clutch kits.

Users who are viewing this thread