Centerforce DYAD issue

04RedCobra1

Established Member
I just finished installing a new DYAD and when the car is idling in neutral and I press the clutch to the floor I get a noise like something hitting the flywheel or an inspection cover. If i let the clutch out a tiny bit then the noise goes away. Is there any adjustment on the clutch cable or something that I should check?

cj428mach

Established Member

Dyad is same height as a stock clutch. No adjustable pivot ball is necessary.

They're close but not exact. I laid the stocker and the dyad side by side and checked with a straight edge. I think the dyad is an eighth of an inch taller if I remember correctly. The dyad has bends right at the end of the clutch fingers where the throw out bearing rides that make it taller. If you didn't count the bends right at the end of the fingers they'd be close to the same height.

Last edited:

04cobrawhine

Established Member
They're close but not exact. I laid the stocker and the dyad side by side and checked with a straight edge. I think the dyad is an eighth of an inch taller if I remember correctly. The dyad has bends right at the end of the clutch fingers where the throw out bearing rides that make it taller. If you didn't count the bends right at the end of the fingers they'd be close to the same height.

IIRC it's close enough that an adjustable one isn't necessary. When i put mine in I used an adjustable because that's what I had, but centerforce says stock pivot works. Who knows...

centerforce

Established Member
I just finished installing a new DYAD and when the car is idling in neutral and I press the clutch to the floor I get a noise like something hitting the flywheel or an inspection cover. If i let the clutch out a tiny bit then the noise goes away. Is there any adjustment on the clutch cable or something that I should check?

Give our tech department a call tomorrow during our business hours (7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time) at 1-928-771-8422 so we can help you out. We do have a Clutch Diagnostic Guide that may be of general help with some general FAQs.

04RedCobra1

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies and ideas, I figured it out, the clutch pedal was extremely tight and had to adjust the cable on the quadrant. Now it works perfect with no noise and the clutch feels good

centerforce

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies and ideas, I figured it out, the clutch pedal was extremely tight and had to adjust the cable on the quadrant. Now it works perfect with no noise and the clutch feels good

Glad to hear it! I'm sure you've heard it a hundred times, but be mindful of the break-in process with the DYAD. We want you to get the most out of your DYAD and breaking it in correctly is the best way to make sure it's working up to its potential.

[video=youtube;ycKMTmpm12g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycKMTmpm12g[/video]

cj428mach

Established Member

The Dyad maybe a little harsh to begin with but it gets better with break in. Mine was extremely harsh/chattery backing it out of the shop to the point I thought something was broken. Now at 800 miles its 10x better than it was a few hundred miles ago, its almost stock.

Users who are viewing this thread