Centerforce Track Results

BLWN

Established Member
Had a nice day at the track yesterday, and as soon as I get the level 2 half-shafts and IRS brace, I'm going to get more aggressive on the line, but I wanted it to make it home under its own power so I took it kind of easy.

Mods: 2.9 upper, 4lb lower, Amazon Tune, K&N CAI, Apten Eaton, Bassani Catted X, Stinger Catback, Centerforce Dual Friction & Flywheel, 26 spline Input shaft, 16" ET Streets

Run 1:
Bogged out of the hole - 3000 slip
60'...................1.877
1/8...................7.512
MPH................98.08
1000................ 9.681
1/4..................11.509
MPH...............123.72

Run 2:
Bogged, but not as bad - 4000 slip
1/8......................7.389
MPH...................98.11
1/4.....................11.398
MPH..................123.22

I decided that was good enough until my half-shafts and brace get here and let a friend borrow the ET streets.

The centerforce was as easy as stock to slip, and I didn't notice any slip in between shifts. I was shifting fast, but not powershifting.

My last dyno #'s were ~470hp and ~495tq before the catted x and a different tune.

I think with a better 60' and a good day I should be able to pull off a 10.99 I hope

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
Nice times. I am in the market for a new clutch and i am considering centerforce. Would you recomend this clucth.

Thanks

BLWN

Established Member
Yeah, I really like it, less pedal effort than stock and seems to hold up well for my power level.

I was going to put some N20 on it, but decided to hold off. I think I want to upgrade to a whipple but am going to try to get a 10 out of the eaton first. There should be a few people with track results from the Centerforce that make more power than me soon, so I can see which way I want to go.

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
I just smoked my clutch friday night so i am just now looking. Do you mind if i ask where you purchased yours. I would like to look into it.

Thanks

jeffsvt

Established Member
Awesome times ! I have thought about trying out a set of ET Streets on mine with the stock half shaft . Have you had any problems with them yet ? Also what rims ar you using for the ET Streets to fit over the brakes in the rear ?

trey193

Established Member
Great ET's for just a descent 60footer, your car has tons left!!! I have been waiting for a thread like this to see how the Centerforce will do. What is your combo clutch wise is it just the standard Dual Friction setup for our cars?? And also did you change the flywheel to the Centerforce as well??? Once again great times !!!!!

JWC

Established Member
Great times! I too have been waiting like trey193 and others on Centerforce feed back. I have the KB with 15 lbs of boost and will probably need a clutch in the not to distant future. Any further info on it will be greatly appreciated.

BLWN

Established Member
Awesome times ! I have thought about trying out a set of ET Streets on mine with the stock half shaft . Have you had any problems with them yet ? Also what rims ar you using for the ET Streets to fit over the brakes in the rear ?

The ET streets are awesome, I don't have to worry about traction which is nice, just have to worry about the rear holding together. I have had about 5 passes on them and other than a little wondering at the top end of the track I think they are well worth it. I change them at the track if that matters and run them with 15psi. They are mounted on 16X8 95 cobra r replicas.

Great ET's for just a descent 60footer, your car has tons left!!! I have been waiting for a thread like this to see how the Centerforce will do. What is your combo clutch wise is it just the standard Dual Friction setup for our cars?? And also did you change the flywheel to the Centerforce as well??? Once again great times !!!!!

Thanks, I am running the standard centerforce dual friction (DF800075) with their aluminum flywheel.

Great times! I too have been waiting like trey193 and others on Centerforce feed back. I have the KB with 15 lbs of boost and will probably need a clutch in the not to distant future. Any further info on it will be greatly appreciated.

I didn't notice the stock clutch really slipping, but once I had it out, you could definitely tell it was abused. The only other thing I would recommend is some sort of quadrant/firewall adjuster. I actually recommend it for the stock clutch, but definitely for an aftermarket so it is adjusted correctly.

trey193

Established Member
Just am wondering what the advantage to having the Centerforce flywheel would be if my flywheel is fine and can be resurfaced??? Sounds like to me the Centerforce is gonna be heads above all the Specs out there!!

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
the way i understand is you cannot resurface the stock clutch

BLWN

Established Member
I think you can have the stock flywheel resurfaced or steel insert replaced, but not for sure.

I went with the flywheel to keep everything as a complete setup. The centerforce seems to be a couple lbs lighter and is supposed to be of higher quality.

I don't think there would be any problem running the stock flywheel, I just wanted to be able to replace the clutch without any down time and I don't think that would have been possible if I had to have the stock one turned.

BLWN

Established Member
Sorry to hear that, i won't be near 600rwhp for a while, but hoped that it would hold. Hopefully centerforce will have some answers. I am running the one without the pucks and so far so good.

Users who are viewing this thread