Centerforce vs spec question

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
I did a quick Google search but didn't find much. I'm about to swap in a new clutch on my stock t56 trans which means it has the 10 spline input shaft. I was told I should go with the Spec 3+ with the light pedal option. I'm worried that that clutch is too strong for the stock input shaft and would break. I was looking at the Centerforce Dual Friction instead.

Does anyone have any input on this? Should I be worried about the input shaft twisting off with my power level (about 430 ftlbs of torque)

Thanks for the help!

FL Steve

Established Member
I just swapped my spec 3 clutch for the centerforce and the difference between the 2 are night and day. The spec pedal engagement was extremely heavy. I got used to it but not a street clutch to say the least. The center force is smooth and light as a F-ing feather.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
Is your stocker wore out? If not why change it?

the clutch was done so I figured if Im pulling the 3650 out I wanted to put a T56 in it.

The 3650 is a nice trans and served me well but I dont like the big difference between 4th and 5th gear on it. I prefer the gearing of a T56.

I just swapped my spec 3 clutch for the centerforce and the difference between the 2 are night and day. The spec pedal engagement was extremely heavy. I got used to it but not a street clutch to say the least. The center force is smooth and light as a F-ing feather.

fantastic. I went with a Centerforce, I cant wait to see how it feels. My old clutch was so stiff, it was pretty nuts.

At 483 torque my spec 3 made a punk of my input shaft

yeah I was pretty worried about that haha

Thanks for the input everyone!

centerforce

Established Member
Let us know how you like the Dual Friction system! It will be able to handle your power levels easily and still maintain a soft pedal feel.

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
I am running the Centerforce DF clutch, and I have no complaints. I think you will be pleased with it. I am still running the stock 10 spline input shaft also. Would have loved to put in a 26 spline one when the motor was being built (trans was out and I was doing a new flywheel and clutch), but they were not available at the time. The shop that built the motor recommended the Centerforce DF for the light pedal feel.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread