Ceramic Coating wheels, yes or no?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I just ordered a set of wheels for my Viper and want to coat the wheels so brake dust does not cling on to the wheel. I also want to make cleaning the wheels as easy as possible. Has anyone ceramic coated their wheels?

I plan to get the wheels coated before getting the tires installed.

Pic of the wheel:
product_photo-xlarge_image-773.jpg

Never_Enough

Established Member
Just use Armorall wheel protectant. Yes, it works. Don't waste $ on this ceramic coating fad.

_Snake_

Established Member
I ceramic coated the wheels on my Boss. Wish I would have done it a lot sooner.

Google “cleaning ceramic coated wheels” and you’ll be a believer also.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Nothing wrong with ceramic coating wheels, just don't expect it to hold up as long as paint due to brake dust and heat cycles. Certainly won't damage wheels though.

Just use Armorall wheel protectant. Yes, it works. Don't waste $ on this ceramic coating fad.

Armor all is a meme

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It's good. I had a GTR with a Rocket Bunny kit entirely ceramic coated and it looked completely normal, outside of the part where they screwed up our paint work.

FYI, automotive paint actually works well on wheels too. Most places won't charge much to paint wheels and it will protect better than powdercoating due to better UV protection, and also cleans better too.

blue 07

Established Member
Well worth doing . Check out Adams Premium Car Care for ceramic wheel coating.
Seriously, Armorall ??!!

Kel

Established Member
I just ordered a set of wheels for my Viper and want to coat the wheels so brake dust does not cling on to the wheel. I also want to make cleaning the wheels as easy as possible. Has anyone ceramic coated their wheels?

I plan to get the wheels coated before getting the tires installed.

Pic of the wheel:
View attachment 1443451

Ceramic coated my Alcoa SS wheels, definitely worth it and it will last since you're not likely to be exposing the car to snow/salt/inclement weather. Brake dust will still stick, but will come over much easier and water literally will bead off the wheels. Are you ceramic coating the rest of the car as well?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Car is already ceramic coated, but i think I’ll need a new clear bra soon.

My car has a complete clear wrap that is starting to age. I'd like to get it done again next year, at this point I'm contemplating going with colored wrap. This is the longest I've had a vehicle, because I thoroughly enjoy it, and maybe changing the color would make it feel like a new car.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
My car has a complete clear wrap that is starting to age. I'd like to get it done again next year, at this point I'm contemplating going with colored wrap. This is the longest I've had a vehicle, because I thoroughly enjoy it, and maybe changing the color would make it feel like a new car.
Quit beating around the bush and just get a gen v acr!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Quit beating around the bush and just get a gen v acr!

I don't think I'm going to. I really enjoy my Gen IV, it has more power than the Gen V already... I'd only be upgrading the interior and the electronics...and neither are important to me.

I'm thinking about stripping the guts and putting in raceseats.

I am putting an ACR-E front splitter on in the next couple of weeks.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I would suggest coating them. It is not a "fad" by any means. People that usually put down higher priced products have little experience using them. That's fine. After 15 years of doing this and having a lot of trial and error finding the right products, I stand by many higher end brands, but, not all of their products.

McKee's 37 has a wheel coating for <$40 and I've had my wheels on my Durango coated for over 1.5 years now through winter and washing them couldn't be easier. Last winter, I had salt on my entire car for several months before getting it washed. Fast forward to a month ago, nearly a year after winter, the wheels, windows and body still repels water and makes washing so much better.

I went with McKee's over the higher priced Wolfgang and carpro coatings to save on money. Wolfgang, Carpro, etc. are all amazing and are worth every penny.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I don't think I'm going to. I really enjoy my Gen IV, it has more power than the Gen V already... I'd only be upgrading the interior and the electronics...and neither are important to me.

I'm thinking about stripping the guts and putting in raceseats.

I am putting an ACR-E front splitter on in the next couple of weeks.

Psh you can strip it out, but you still gotta put a baby seat in there baby daddy

RRMBrembo

Established Member
Make sure you do the barrels in addition to the faces. Makes a world of difference for cleaning accumulated brake dust.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Seriously, Armorall ??!!

Armorall gave me a tester bottle of it, it passes the 20' test but I wouldn't call them clean.

I prefer coatings to be honest. They last a long time and make cleaning a breeze.

Users who are viewing this thread