Cervini GT500 Chin Spoiler for 2013-2014 Installed - Pics

Buggywhips

Established Member
I wanted a chin spoiler that I didn't have to paint, that wasn't too big but changed the look of the car, dropped down far enough to match the Roush side splitters (on order), and was different from what you see on GT's everywhere. It was also important that the finish matched or closely matched the Roush spitters as well. These have been hard to find but seemed to match the bill fairly well from the pictures I've stumbled across.

The chin spoiler appears to be made of a material similar to the Roush chin spolier. It comes in either a paint to match or a "fine textured black" finish. I ordered the fine textured black finish but if I were to do it again I'd buy the unfinished version and hit it with some of the rattle can textured paint to save the $79. The paint job is fine but I think I could get the same or similar results from a patient rattle can job.

The install was very simple and only took about 30 minutes start to finish. The installed product seems very sturdy and I'm not worried about high speeds pulling it off or doing any damage but time will tell.

Here's a few pictures to give you an idea how big the spoiler is and how well it fits to the car. Overall I'm very pleased and anxious for the side splitters to arrive so I can complete the look.

724A5312-31EE-4D19-BF29-0A49B2474C01_zpsmeaxo5px.jpg

97EBAF57-E002-42BA-A129-E82897FA7494_zps1haepklp.jpg

B08E6394-6F87-427E-A758-EC511BFE82D7_zpsgxl2mcsc.jpg

F7DC4C38-E1EE-4566-8990-DB7EDA6E727B_zpsfbqfdgs1.jpg

DF6107A7-205C-4282-8126-22EC03FBA001_zpsyzutls0a.jpg

Rct851

Established Member
Looks real good. I have the same color color and am thinking of changing from the roush piece to this one. I'm just not sure if it can be installed since my stock lip spoiler has been trimmed. Have any pictures of how and where it attaches?

Buggywhips

Established Member
Looks real good. I have the same color color and am thinking of changing from the roush piece to this one. I'm just not sure if it can be installed since my stock lip spoiler has been trimmed. Have any pictures of how and where it attaches?

To install the spoiler all I did was remove the under tray, remove the factory spoiler, install this one in existing holes and install the under tray. If you have to cut any holes from the factory bumper let me know and I'll take a few pics for you to see if this will work for you. If you didn't have to trim any existing factory holes then it will bolt up without issue.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Can we get a side shot of your car and a corner shot from the front fender down the side please? I like that spoiler.

2002whitegt

Established Member
Looks really nice.

So no cutting is necessary? If so, I'm getting this over the Roush. I really don't want to cut up the stock chin spoiler and make extra holes in the bumpers

Buggywhips

Established Member
Looks really nice.

So no cutting is necessary? If so, I'm getting this over the Roush. I really don't want to cut up the stock chin spoiler and make extra holes in the bumpers

Nope - No cutting is needed. Just remove the big lower piece under the motor, remove the factory chin spoiler from the bottom of the bumper, install the Cervini piece, and reinstall the plastic piece under the motor. Simple.

phfelts

Established Member
I really like the look of this, but I wonder what sort of modification I would have to make to still use my low mounted license plate bracket.

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
I want to see someone use the cervinis GT500 style lower grille that everyone was bitching about BBR to make a year or so ago that they never came through on.

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
Wow they didn't have those last time I looked. Not bad looking. surprised I don't see that more

Users who are viewing this thread