Cervinis Hood shake? Anyone?

pickles

Established Member
Put the Cervinis Cobra R hood on my car earlier this year. I've noticed on a few occasions that if it is a bit windy and I'm traveling on the highway it will begin to shake pretty bad at the rear of the hood and/or cowl. At 60mph or slower it would stop, but 70-75 it would begin to shake really bad again.

Anyone else experience this?

Is it normal..ish?

Anything I can/should do to fix it?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Mine doesnt shake at all, looks like you need to adjust the rubber stops upward for a tighter fit!

pickles

Established Member
No shake at the front end of the hood. I don't believe there is any adjust-ability at the rear, but I"ll have a look

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Theres no rear adjustment but what I would do is see if you can move the hood with your hand where it seems to moving in the wind! Ive been up over 120 mph and mine is solid as a rock!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Sometimes it has to do with your lower valance creating turbulence by diverting air from under the car causing the hood to move as well!

pickles

Established Member
Theres no rear adjustment but what I would do is see if you can move the hood with your hand where it seems to moving in the wind! Ive been up over 120 mph and mine is solid as a rock!

I've gone over 120mph as well numerous times. But it only seems to happen when driving in to a head wind.

Car is in storage now, but in the spring I'll double check to make sure the lower valance/cover is still in place. The car is pretty low, so it's certainly possible it's not there anymore lol. Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll keep ya posted

stags

Established Member
I had a cervinis type iv on my 09 v6. That thing used to buck and shake in the wind all the damn time. It was literally my only complaint about the piece. I was constantly worried about it on long trips. On occasion (Though I can't be certain this was not a result of my leg catching on the hood release) I would see the hood start to flutter real good and I would find that that the hood was part way out of the catch. I had been planning hood pins to solve the issue. I don't lnow if there are many for the 14's, but they would have made me feel a lot safer.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Sometimes it has to do with your lower valance creating turbulence by diverting air from under the car causing the hood to move as well!

THIS! The lower valance on my 13' tore loose at about 160 on the speedo and i thought the damn hood was gonna fly off!!!! I was like WTF!!!!! Anything over about 65 mph and the hood would start going crazy after that! This happened right before i traded for my 14' so when i installed the CHE radiator support to the 14' i added a small "L" shaped brace on either side so i could reinstall the 2 bolts that were missing on the 13'. So far no issues...

Last edited:

clean92lx

Established Member
My TruFiber 3 inch cowl hood shakes whenever I go over 70-80 MPH. It used to worry me but its been months now and I still have my hood lol so I guess it should be ok...

bigred2013

Established Member
Question for you guys. I'm looking at buying either the Trufiber 3" Cowl or the Cervini Cobra R hood, looking for opinions, but no luck, or none that were much help!

Any pro's cons to either that either of you could advise? Heard some TruFiber fit like crap, some fit great. Don't believe I've heard a complaint on Cervinins.

clean92lx

Established Member
The fit on my trufiber is ok but not great. It's not bad though, I'm the only one that will really notice small fitment issues

If I could do it all over again and chose between cervini cobra r and trufiber 3", Id still take the trufiber again. Looks sick and not a lot of people have it.

Last edited:

pickles

Established Member
Update:

I put the stock radiator support back in along with all the lower plastics. No more hood shake!

Users who are viewing this thread