CF hood?

351coupe

Established Member
I've seen many styles but I cannot find a 95 Cobra R hood in carbon fiber to fit our trucks.Anyone know where to look?

351coupe

Established Member
Yeah ,I just found his posts with the pictures of his hood.Sweet truck,but Nvr Spds is right,his is a 00Cobra R hood and I want a 95Cobra R hood.They have to make them,hell I've seen them on all kinds of cars,even a Honda!!!:xpl:

351coupe

Established Member
If I can't find a 95R hood,anyone know about regular 2/3 inch cowls in carbon fiber?I know Cervini's makes them in fiberglass but I can't seem to find shit for a CF selection.

Chuck Norris

Established Member
I saw a real sweet carbon fiber cowl hood by cervinis, it was on an HD on nloc or nhtoc, but it said it was a one off piece. I have only seen two carbon fiber hoods for our trucks, the 00R hood that SVTfreek has and a CF stock hood by DG motorsports.

Chuck Norris

Established Member
dirtchicken - how much weight could a carbon fiber hood add? Even if it wasn't 100% CF (which would reduce weight) I would think it would at least break even, maybe weight a tiny bit more but not big enough to make a differance.

351coupe

Established Member
VIS Racing has three,00R,stock,and some fugly as hell looking ramair one.I've also found a couple other ones but there all ram air style.I guess I'll keep looking or wait for a company to make a cowl of some sort.Maybe I'm wrong about the weight of the stock hood but I'd find highly unlikly that Ford produced a factory hood that weighed less than a carbon fiber one,but,stranger things have happened.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
yeah it is light as a feather, i was real surprised when i took mine off at how light it was
but with that said i am deff looking for a nice cowl

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
lightninmike said:
yeah it is light as a feather, i was real surprised when i took mine off at how light it was
but with that said i am deff looking for a nice cowl

I'd like to see a 'factory' cowl - out of aluminum. Just like the steel cowls for the old Chevelles, but in our original metal. I tell ya, If I had a spare hood or two (and fab skills, and TIG skills, and time, and patience) I'd fab one up for me.

Herb

Users who are viewing this thread