CF vinyl on hood vents

RestoStang67

GO LOBOS!
Established Member
What do you guys think? I have a trucarbon shelby wing and thought a couple other subtle carbon fiber accents would look good. Is it ricer?

I'd say it looks better in person...

10143421936_8e8485419d_c.jpg

10143256304_ab79d14988_z.jpg

pics of the car
10111038496_c605ea8f69_c.jpg

10111032524_bb5488719d_c.jpg

blackcoyote13

Established Member
Sharp! I thought about doing something like this. I definitely like it better with the inside fins done but not the vent surrounds.

RestoStang67

GO LOBOS!
Established Member
Thanks guys

Sharp! I thought about doing something like this. I definitely like it better with the inside fins done but not the vent surrounds.

ya thats why i did it this way. It gives the fins more depth and definition especially on black cars.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I thought about carbon vinyl on my roof but still on the fence between it or just matte black.

I do like the look on this setup as black on black is hard to get the effect.

RestoStang67

GO LOBOS!
Established Member
I thought about carbon vinyl on my roof but still on the fence between it or just matte black.

I do like the look on this setup as black on black is hard to get the effect.

I've seen roofs done before and it looks pretty good...depends on color. The good thing about black is that you can see the CF but it blends in and is subtle which is what im going for

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
You're welcome! :beer: I'm glad I thought of this idea last year! Seems to be quite a catch! I'm sure someone would have eventually thought of it though.

IMO, this is the how they should come from the factory. LOL

I've had mine on since last October (I think)

8177585713_652d60e8fc_c.jpg

user41_pic42_1348115139_zps51a411a1.jpg

RestoStang67

GO LOBOS!
Established Member
You're welcome! :beer: I'm glad I thought of this idea last year! Seems to be quite a catch! I'm sure someone would have eventually thought of it though.

IMO, this is the how they should come from the factory. LOL

I've had mine on since last October (I think)

8177585713_652d60e8fc_c.jpg

user41_pic42_1348115139_zps51a411a1.jpg

Looks great on DIB dirtyd. I have only seen a handful of pics online and I liked the way it looked on yours. I haven't seen it done on a black car yet. :banana:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Looks great on DIB dirtyd. I have only seen a handful of pics online and I liked the way it looked on yours. I haven't seen it done on a black car yet. :banana:
There are a few guys here in DFW with black cars that have them. When Big Worm Graphix started producing them after I asked him to try and make a set (which I'm pretty sure was the first ones), I was hoping that other companies like AM and Latemodel wouldn't copy them, since that would allow Big Worm to get more steady business...but I guess not.

Either way, it's win for us.

RestoStang67

GO LOBOS!
Established Member
There are a few guys here in DFW with black cars that have them. When Big Worm Graphix started producing them after I asked him to try and make a set (which I'm pretty sure was the first ones), I was hoping that other companies like AM and Latemodel wouldn't copy them, since that would allow Big Worm to get more steady business...but I guess not.

Either way, it's win for us.

I agree, it looks great. Mine are homemade. I bought a role of CF vinyl and cut them myself... I also did my center console and center stack a few months ago

9297545316_0390086ae7_z.jpg

Action Bronson

Established Member
I've been debating if I should plasti-dip the vent fins and surround or if i should go this route. Looks great on black and dib. Not sure how carbon fiber vent fins would look on my SGM.

ExTurbo

Established Member
Hood vents look great! ive been thinking about hydrodipping mine but this seems to be a much easier and more reasonable way to do it. definitely a unique look :)

BV600

Established Member
I agree, it looks great. Mine are homemade. I bought a role of CF vinyl and cut them myself... I also did my center console and center stack a few months ago

9297545316_0390086ae7_z.jpg

That looks good, how hard is it to get by the e brake area where it curves down?

Hood vents look great! ive been thinking about hydrodipping mine but this seems to be a much easier and more reasonable way to do it. definitely a unique look :)

Ill have pics up of my hydrodipped vents soon hopefully, been waiting a month for them....

RestoStang67

GO LOBOS!
Established Member
That looks good, how hard is it to get by the e brake area where it curves down?

It was tough getting it down in the ebrake area. I just used a blow dryer and massaged it alot. Honestly I was surprised i got it to look that good.

Users who are viewing this thread