cg fab kit

ctgreddy

Established Member
Precisions are proven and IMO aren't over priced for what you get. They're light, durable, and make great power.

I'd suggest a 64 if you want 1200 thru an auto. Will yield good spool time and still have a little room to grow. Good choice on Livernois if you decide to have them do the engine. :)

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
i just went turbo. the process isnt that bad. there is alot of little things and they dont make a complete kit but its worth doing yourself. make it how you want to make it. the fitment of cg hot side is AWESOME. i am running there hotside with two 46mm wastegates and a pte7675.
156u744.jpg

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Precisions are proven and IMO aren't over priced for what you get. They're light, durable, and make great power.

I'd suggest a 64 if you want 1200 thru an auto. Will yield good spool time and still have a little room to grow. Good choice on Livernois if you decide to have them do the engine. :)

They are wildly overpriced. Talk to Jose at ForcedInductions and he can custom build you a turbo for almost half the cost that will outperform and off the shelf PTE. And durable is not their MO. Mine went back twice for blown seals and they changed their story on why both times not to mention it took well over 2 months for them to rebuild them each time.

stangfreak

Established Member

yea id like livernois to do the motor. I am trying to contact them on there 323ci motor. I keep hearing with the boss motor, the heads aren't sealing that well with that motor. wanted to know if they are aware and what solution they have

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
CG offers a complete hot side/cold side kit, that is what I bought. You have to supply intake, k member, turbos. You also have to consider all of the lines you are going to need for turbo oil feed/return, and you also have to tap your oil pan for return lines, or by one with provisions for oil return.

CG also sells a really nice oil cooler delete, that in my opinion was better than the MMR unit. I had to extend my MAF, IAT1, and IAT2 sensors also. I am probably forgetting a lot of stuff, but I thought the fit of the CG stuff is really nice, and I would buy it again.

Do you have any more pictures of the cold side piping routing?

LordVader04

Established Member
Thanks, I am interested to see on how the piping is routed from each turbo to the intercooler.

Juiced,

I hope these help I took a lot of pics and can email you more, if you need it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    401.7 KB · Views: 318
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 323
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 367
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    269.6 KB · Views: 392

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Thanks man. That is exactly what I needed to see. Helps a ton. I am going to be doing the CG fab twins. Debating if I wanted to use his cold side piping or fab my own. Since I will be doing Scott Rod panels and have a trans cooler on the driver side behind the bumper. I think I can make it all work though.

Is your car running yet? What fan are you running?

LordVader04

Established Member
My car isn't running yet, but it's close. I wanted to do the Scott rod panels also, if you do them let me know how you like them. I think the CG fab cold side fit well, but if you wanted to fab your own I think that would work well also. For my trans cooler I actually moved mine from behind the drivers side fog light, to the rad core support in between the front mount IC, and the radiator (I ditched the a/c condenser) it fits well there and will see more airflow also. I also did the remote trans filter mounted basically where my old IC water pump was mounted. For the fan I am running the mishimoto fan and radiator combo.

Last edited:

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
If anyone is interested I have two brand new precision 6262's that I would sell they are ceramic coated hot side and powder coated compressed covers I'm wanting to go bigger. The Scott rod panels are awesome cleans everything up really nice in the engine bay.

lilmarauder

Established Member
My car isn't running yet, but it's close. I wanted to do the Scott rod panels also, if you do them let me know how you like them. I think the CG fab cold side fit well, but if you wanted to fab your own I think that would work well also. For my trans cooler I actually moved mine from behind the drivers side fog light, to the rad core support in between the front mount IC, and the radiator (I ditched the a/c condenser) it fits well there and will see more airflow also. I also did the remote trans filter mounted basically where my old IC water pump was mounted. For the fan I am running the mishimoto fan and radiator combo.
Would you mind putting up a couple pictures of the Trans cooler in Front of the radiator? I want to put mine there also, can't picture how the brackets would need to be.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LordVader04

Established Member
Would you mind putting up a couple pictures of the Trans cooler in Front of the radiator? I want to put mine there also, can't picture how the brackets would need to be.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not the greatest of pics, but you can get an idea of where I placed the cooler.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 276

LordVader04

Established Member
If anyone is interested I have two brand new precision 6262's that I would sell they are ceramic coated hot side and powder coated compressed covers I'm wanting to go bigger. The Scott rod panels are awesome cleans everything up really nice in the engine bay.

Man if I had not already bought turbos I would be all over those, and I appreciate the feedback on the Scott rod panels I will need to put those on the shopping list for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread