challenger r/t

ON3 IWIN

Established Member
I test drove a 12 R/T a few weeks ago and the butt dyno said that the bolt on(full exhaust,cold air,gears) 04 GT we had felt way better.Love the cars but it jsut dint feel very strong to me.Still thinking about buying one but i will have to be a SRT8.

OneBadWS6

Established Member
I test drove a 12 R/T a few weeks ago and the butt dyno said that the bolt on(full exhaust,cold air,gears) 04 GT we had felt way better.Love the cars but it jsut dint feel very strong to me.Still thinking about buying one but i will have to be a SRT8.

Again the butt dyno is very inaccurate. For instance my friend back in highschool had a PI GT with full bolt ons and I had a bolt on 00 WS6. We swtiched cars for a few minutes and his car felt wayyyyyy faster then my ws6. Felt like it pulled alot harder it was loud as hell so my mind played tricks on me. But in a race I would walk him by 5-6 cars everytime

2011fiveliter

Established Member
I have owned a 09 challenger R/T and now a 2010 Challenger SRT8. I can tell you that in a straight line, STOCK vs. STOCK, there is very little difference and the two cars. both 6m's, with 392 gears. When my wife and I raced them the SRT8 will pull out slightly may a half car legth by 100 mphs(didn't matter who was driving) results were pretty much the same. Now when we are talking about the whole package world of difference in handling, braking, ect.

The eagle 5.7 hemi, is defenitely underrated. and the VVT helps the motor tremendously.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Again the butt dyno is very inaccurate. For instance my friend back in highschool had a PI GT with full bolt ons and I had a bolt on 00 WS6. We swtiched cars for a few minutes and his car felt wayyyyyy faster then my ws6. Felt like it pulled alot harder it was loud as hell so my mind played tricks on me. But in a race I would walk him by 5-6 cars everytime

+1

Ill be honest if you get in my buddies SRT8 and then in my car you would put a LOT of money down on the SRT8 winning. My car feels like a turd compared to his. Hell my old LT1 felt stronger stock than my LS1 does now.

zacmustang03

Established Member
+1

Ill be honest if you get in my buddies SRT8 and then in my car you would put a LOT of money down on the SRT8 winning. My car feels like a turd compared to his. Hell my old LT1 felt stronger stock than my LS1 does now.

this i believe, i used to race lawntactors and my buddy had a 2000 whackamole and it felt way faster than my old john deer twinblade. but when we lined up i out swathed the shit out of him and was at least 4 bail lengths on him . butt compass not a good indickator. i also own a datsun.

Kirk01

Established Member
this i believe, i used to race lawntactors and my buddy had a 2000 whackamole and it felt way faster than my old john deer twinblade. but when we lined up i out swathed the shit out of him and was at least 4 bail lengths on him . butt compass not a good indickator. i also own a datsun.

You had an obvious weight advantage. Not a fair comparasian IMHO

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Based on your mods Its safe to say it the was the pre eagle R/T which run 14's

Than wouldn't it also be safe to say that it could have been an eale R/T as well? lol. If the pre eagle runs 14's and based on this guys times ,13.90, wouldn't it be safer to say it was an eagle r/t? lol just playing with words lol don't mind me, my drink is getting empty lol

cody_288

Established Member
I've been wanting to run a pre eagle rt with my fox for a while, just can't find one that will bite.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
When my 01 was bone stock I managed to get a 13.8 @ 103 out of it with a terrible 2.0 60 foot. High 13's can be done, and if your racing someone who cant drive, a stock 2v can beat alot of things with a good driver. (I said alot not everything btw, im not saying im faster than anyone else)

Sticks n Stones

Goat Rider
Established Member
Let me get this straight: your bolton PI headed GT walked a bolton (boltons means at least headers/lid) car by 5-6 lengths? I call BS on that. Serious BS. A properly running stock LS1 should be a good run for a full bolton PI car from a roll, with dig runs favoring the 'stang IF the driver can launch worth a crap.
I have owned a 09 challenger R/T and now a 2010 Challenger SRT8. I can tell you that in a straight line, STOCK vs. STOCK, there is very little difference and the two cars. both 6m's, with 392 gears.
WOW you've been drinking eh? There is no way a SRT8 can be compared to a R/T stock for stock without the R/T being anniliated. You had better take that thing in for a diagnostic if you say "yes" to that. Seriously man, comparing a R/T to a SRT is like comparing a 2011+ V6 mustang to a 5.0 mustang. Seriously. "ask me how I know".

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I have owned a 09 challenger R/T and now a 2010 Challenger SRT8. I can tell you that in a straight line, STOCK vs. STOCK, there is very little difference and the two cars. both 6m's, with 392 gears. When my wife and I raced them the SRT8 will pull out slightly may a half car legth by 100 mphs(didn't matter who was driving) results were pretty much the same. Now when we are talking about the whole package world of difference in handling, braking, ect.

The eagle 5.7 hemi, is defenitely underrated. and the VVT helps the motor tremendously.

See below.....
WOW you've been drinking eh? There is no way a SRT8 can be compared to a R/T stock for stock without the R/T being anniliated. You had better take that thing in for a diagnostic if you say "yes" to that. Seriously man, comparing a R/T to a SRT is like comparing a 2011+ V6 mustang to a 5.0 mustang. Seriously. "ask me how I know".

This!!

zeevann

Sticks, I believe what he is saying is the his friends GT felt like it pulled harder, but his WS6 pulled lenghts on him in a race.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Let me get this straight: your bolton PI headed GT walked a bolton (boltons means at least headers/lid) car by 5-6 lengths? I call BS on that. Serious BS. A properly running stock LS1 should be a good run for a full bolton PI car from a roll, with dig runs favoring the 'stang IF the driver can launch worth a crap.
Re-read it again. The Stang felt faster but the LS1 was putting 5-6 car's on it. He was talking about the butt dyno not being accurate.

Seeing as the 09 RT weighted 4031 lbs 368 HP and 395 TQ VS 4160 lbs 425 hp and 420 TQ. Looks to be spot on. It weights slightly more, has 50 more hp and 20 lbs of tq which should equal to about a full car. He claimed to have only gone to about 100, the SRT would pull more if gone closer to 110 (pretty much the 1/4 speed).

Look at a 09 GT500 and new 5.0, the GT500 edges out the 5.0 but not by much, its closer than most think. You must be smoking for thinking its comparable like the 2011 V6 and 5.0. It's more like an older GT500 and new 5.0.

Last edited:

speednutz

Established Member
can the new r/t's hang with say STOCK 05-10 mustang and 03-04 mach 1. I know they are big car's but some people are managing low 13's from the newer ones seems like it would be a drivers race :??: magazines are saying 0to60 in just under 6sec but owners are saying more like 5sec flat after some seat time anyone drive or race one? I am strongly thinking of picking one up for a dd thanks.

I had a 2010 R/T.
The base R/T without Mods has about 370 HP (not rwhp).
The Challenger in general weighs about 600 pounds over an 11 Mustang.
The Challenger does have traction Control and does hook up very well.
Outside of that, I can't tell you if it would win against a stang as you described or not.
Dynoing is really the true test as Drag Racing is always subject to human error.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
When my 01 was bone stock I managed to get a 13.8 @ 103 out of it with a terrible 2.0 60 foot. High 13's can be done, and if your racing someone who cant drive, a stock 2v can beat alot of things with a good driver. (I said alot not everything btw, im not saying im faster than anyone else)

On street tires a 2.0 is far from a terrible 60ft. Why do people say this??

Users who are viewing this thread