Champion 7989 Spark Plugs

svt2205

Established Member
Don't be fooled by what you may have read. Champion 7989 plugs are NOT one peice.

Look at the picture, see the blue color in the groove to the right of the threads, that is a laser weld. No welding necessary if it were one piece.

7989ChampionPlug.gif

bb248

Don't be fooled by what you may have read. Champion 7989 plugs are NOT one peice.

Look at the picture, see the blue color in the groove to the right of the threads, that is a laser weld. No welding necessary if it were one piece.

7989ChampionPlug.gif

I don't know, there is a lot of good talk about this baby. I saw one site where and old Champion guy said the purple color is what's called a 'hot lock groove' which discolors when the plug is assembled.

Take a look at this video - I'm sold.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoSh9O3XOho"]YouTube - Champion 7989[/ame]

bb

02wingless

ASE Master L1
Established Member
I just put some in my truck yesterday. I had one of the OE break off and the tool broke off in the broken piece, so after I pulled the head, I decided to go with the champion design. No problems so far and the design looks better than the OE plug. I recommend 'em.

drivebymashing

Established Member
yes

just ordered a set also i gonna soak the factory for like a week in pb blastr not sure if that will help
05 gt has 52k miles
oh got them for 27 bucks a set yeah i know real cheap

Users who are viewing this thread