Change Supercharger oil

DolSVT00

Established Member
Dunno, but its pretty simple:

Option 1
Get a shop vac, duct tape and some rubber hose (I have used a straw once). tape the hose to the end of the shop vac, remove the allen plug from the front of the face plate (where it says SVT or Eaton depending on year) suck all the oil out of the case, then replace it using Ford or GM supercharger oil (fill till it comes out the plug hole).

Option 2
Remove the intake tube or boot, remove the belt,remove all of the bolts on the front of the S/C. Get a shoe box (or something to use as a drain pan, I do it the redneck way) and line it with aluminum foil and put it on top of the idler pullies (cut as necessary to use as a drain pan).Tap the snout with a rubber mallet while gently wiggling it and pulling until it comes off. (Only do this if your replacing the coupler or you also want to grease the nedle bearings for the rotors). Clean the mating faces, apply gasket sealer, reinstall snout, remove allen plug and fill with Ford or GM supercharger oil until it comes out of the fill hole.

Both methods require 2 bottles of S/C oil.
Option 2 requires synthetic grease and some form of liquid gasket or RTV.

Last edited:

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
- Remove the Allen bolt on the face of the S/C.
- Using a syringe and a short section od aquarium hose draw the old S/C oil out of the case.
- Refill using 6 oz. of S/C oil. Go to a Chevy dealership to get the S/C oil. They sell it for much less than Ford. The bottles are 4 oz., so you'll need two of them.
- Fill the S/C case till the oil is level with or begins to ooze out of the fill hole where the Allen bolt plug goes.

Here's a pic of the oil with the part number:

sc_oil2.jpg

SUPERCHARGEDV8

yes...I DID BEAT YOU!
Established Member
is there a better oil one can use instead of the s/c oil....maybe something along the lines of royal purple or amsoil?....what is the milage one should grease the bearings mentioned above?

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Some people run normal engine oil.. but just spend the money and get the right stuff.. GM s/c oil works just as good as Fords.. just cheaper :)

mysvtf150

00 Lightning
Established Member
where can this oil be boughten at any auto zone or auto parts store or do you have to go to ford to get it???

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
where can this oil be boughten at any auto zone or auto parts store or do you have to go to ford to get it???

As already mentioned more than once in the above post, the S/C oil can be purchased from Ford but the exact same S/C oil can be purchased from a Chevy dealership for about half the cost of what Ford sells it for. Write the part number down off the pic of the two bottles I posted and go to Chevy.

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Dealership didn't have any oil today.. can I use royal purple in there and just change it next week when they get the oil?

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
Did you take it apart and then go get the oil, just wait until the oil comes in then do it all at once instead of having to do it again.

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Did you take it apart and then go get the oil, just wait until the oil comes in then do it all at once instead of having to do it again.

But I want to drive it tomorrow... I have seen many people say they just use mobile 1 synthetic in there..

Notrace81

Banned
is there a better oil one can use instead of the s/c oil....maybe something along the lines of royal purple or amsoil?....what is the milage one should grease the bearings mentioned above?

On my first Lightning it was a 99' i used royal purple gear oil... Worked great but now reading more on this site it dont think it was a good choice... :??:

Users who are viewing this thread