Change the Intake W/Boost or not?

93BlkCobra

Established Member
Hello, I really would love to keep the cobra intake!
But I know the Lower is hurting. So get the lower ported
or just buy something nice to match(better) the 9-10lbs of boost?
Is the gain worth it you think. Thanks
:)

buddha93

Established Member
In a nutshell.....no. It's not hurting you that bad. Put the money somewhere else. My 2 cents.

93BlkCobra

Established Member
what power is expected? buddy of mine made 350rwhp with
the powerdyne. I still think 375-385rwhp could be done with
some bolt on stuff and a agressive tune? Guess thats my Q
on the intake! Thanks.

venomous93

Established Member
I would say at least get it ported, it will hurt power, you could get a new one, but that to me takes away from the cobra when you pop the hood, I dont think he does it anymore, but i just bought an Ed Curtis ported upper and lower intake (used) to put on my boosted 9cobra. Think about it....your gonna be pushing alot more air at a higher velocity, so why restrict it with a stock intake, you cant deny that an intake that flows more air faster will not benefit you, find a place to send your intake to have it ported, the upper as well as the lower-

Ive heard of 93 cobra making around 315-320 rwhp with milled heads,cam and intake....i will let you guys know my number whn my shit gets here

Last edited:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
You can get the lower ported heavily. The upper is not the restriction in making power (other than having long runners, and that is a fundamental part of the design of the intake, not a restriction in air).

You should be able to get the lower ported in the $200 range. You can always have the upper extrude honed (and the lower for that matter) if you want to keep a stock looking appearance. My lower has been ported heavily (3 of the runners were welded on top for more porting room), and my upper was port matched to the lower, along with cleaned up with a cartridge roll as far in there as I could reach on both ends.

Speedfreek

Established Member
The upper is fine just port the throttle body opening to match your TB, and port match the upper to the lower, the lower can be hogged out nicely. I did mine and could tell a big difference. Where in NC are you?

93BlkCobra

Established Member
Im In Raleigh! I found someone that could do the lower,
Think I might atleast get that done, for alittle bit more
edge. Thanks!

Cazsper

Established Member
Im my opinion, have the upper/lower Extrude Honed. What heads are you running? I would consider the AFR 165cc heads. Right out of the box they are awsome. Than look at an AFM power pipe

Users who are viewing this thread