Changed oil this weekend, switched to Q-horsepower

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
I decided to try the synethic that Ferrari's are running... Q-Horsepower. So far, so good... I'll be interested to see if the gas mileage goes up. Has anyone been using this since it has come out?

Willduhhbeast

Established Member
Ive never heard of anyone using q-horsepower. I always considered it a joke, but really I don't know anything about it besides what the commercial says. I'm sure they just paid a ridiculous amount of money to have their name attached with ferrari, and there you have it.. the oil Ferrari uses in all of its vehicles.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
LOL, I used it for a year or so. Once the price started to go up I switched to another synthetic. I actually liked the stuff.

RussZTT

Established Member
I just purchased 100% full Synthetic (Amsoil) for the Cobra along with their filter. :banana:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Yep amsoils signature series 5-30, esspecially their EA oil filter. And they don't advertise, or atleast I never seen it. I know when I pay 10 bucks a quart, 3 of it ain't going to ferrari.:pepper:

Mystic03

Established Member
We've had one of these before :shrug:

How many quarts do you guys put in your motors? :shrug::D

yeah theres probly about 4-5 threads alone disscussing this topic and i use RP 5w30 and drop in 6.5 quarts love that set up :rockon:

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
Here is a small article... it may be just an advertising ploy...but I wanted to give it a try... I know Shell is Ferrari's main supplier, but I read that Quaker S has also helped them too... Funny how, in this article, it's just approved for North America:)

Q Motor Oils Continue to Power High-Performance Engines
The Quaker State line of Q® motor oils continues to demonstrate its commitment of providing more power with the introduction of the new Q Horsepower Full Synthetic motor oil. Q Horsepower is specially formulated to reduce friction throughout an engine’s RPM range to help maximize an engine’s horsepower. The new motor oil carries with it the advanced U.S., Asian, and European manufacturer standards for oil performance necessary for use in high-performance vehicles. Q Horsepower is also the only motor oil approved for service fill by Ferrari North America and Maserati North America. With the introduction of Q Horsepower it is now possible to provide consumers with heat activated technology--meaning the hotter it gets in the engine, the harder the motor oil works, allowing them to realize the full potential of their vehicle purchase. No leading synthetic oil provides more horsepower than Q Horsepower. In addition to helping maximize power, Q Horsepower Full Synthetic provides outstanding protection against friction and exceptional resistance to thermal breakdown. The heat-activated molecules in Q Horsepower are optimized to be triggered as temperatures increase, creating a low-friction, ultra-heat resistant lubrication film to use in high-performance engines. To learn more about the new, technologically advanced Q Horsepower, visit www.QPower.com or contact Mike Burns, National Auto Dealer Sales Manager at 817-337-1065.

Users who are viewing this thread